Thread: How to verify date of sale on 2.1 SA Doser

Default How to verify date of sale on 2.1 SA Doser

Anybody know? Vinny??
    Attached Images Attached Images

The sale date would be based on the date written on the sales receipt. For warranty purposes, if one is not available, then we would go by the build date of the device. It looks like this one was made in 2016.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Reden

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The sale date would be based on the date written on the sales receipt. For warranty purposes, if one is not available, then we would go by the build date of the device. It looks like this one was made in 2016.
    Thx Vinny. You’re always a huge help. The reason I was asking is because I’m picking up a 2.1 SA tonight and the guy was saying the plastic blue caps were replaced, because they were defective. I have had 3 2.1 SA doser’s and have never experienced this beyond normal wear and tear.

This was his quote below:
    “The circular ring inside the cap that hold the rollers was either a tiny bit too small or shallow and the rollers were grinding the wall until it cracks.”

I googled it and it did appear there were a few minor issues with the old caps/rollers. He replaced his with all new caps- “Version 2” as he put it. I have not seen this new version yet so I can’t verify if that is true. I’m sure you already know, but he was saying it affected models between 2017-2018.

I’m hoping that it will be good to go now. Please let me know if this issue has been resolved or what I need to buy should I have any issues.? Thx for the reply!
    Last edited by Reefahholic; 23.03.2021 at 21:30.

There were some units from a few years ago which were assembled with caps outside of their tolerances. If the original owner replaced the caps and can show the pumps running without any jamming or excess noise, it would be safe to say you're in the clear. For peace of mind, it wouldn't hurt to pick up 2 maintenance sets for the doser. Since these are consumables, if you don't end up using it immediately at least you'll have some spares on-hand when replacement time comes around.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    There were some units from a few years ago which were assembled with caps outside of their tolerances. If the original owner replaced the caps and can show the pumps running without any jamming or excess noise, it would be safe to say you're in the clear. For peace of mind, it wouldn't hurt to pick up 2 maintenance sets for the doser. Since these are consumables, if you don't end up using it immediately at least you'll have some spares on-hand when replacement time comes around.
    Perfect! Will definitely do that! Thx Vinny!