Thread: CO2 system to be used with GHL Profilux

Default CO2 system to be used with GHL Profilux

Hi,
    we are building a 1100 litre freshwater planted aquarium for discus fish. We will be using the GHL "ecosystem" of Mitras LX7004, Profilux 4, Doser 2.1, Powerbar etc. The filtration will be a custom-made sump with Red Dragon 3 return pump, which can also be controlled via the Profilux.

My question for the GHL users & support team is: how would you recommend me to set-up a CO2 system for this tank? I assume the CO2 could be controlled by pH meter of the Profilux, but I am not exactly sure how to put everything together and what components I should use? (I've only always had low-tech tanks so this is my first high-tech tank setup).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

you only need a 220 / 110V Magnetic Valve NC

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    you only need a 220 / 110V Magnetic Valve NC
    Hi @gandalf, thanks for quick response, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this? Can you pls explain?

For pH control, you would only need the CO2 tank, solenoid (plugged into the powerbar), and pH probe.

Within the ProfiLux you would set your desired pH value and hysteresis. Based on those settings, the ProfiLux will begin to turn the solenoid valve ON/OFF as needed.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

perfect, thank you!