Thread: How many Mitras LX7 for a 1100 litre freshwater high-tech planted aquarium?

Default How many Mitras LX7 for a 1100 litre freshwater high-tech planted aquarium?

Hi,
    I am currently building a 1100 litre freshwater high-tech planted aquarium. Exact dimensions are: 240cm L x 65cm W x 70cm H.
    I intend to use GHL ecosystem to run the aquarium including Profilux 4, water probes, doser etc.

I now need to decide on the right choice of lights. Would 4x LX 7004 be sufficient or should I rather go for 4x LX 7006?
    Aesthetically, I would not like to go for more than 4 units unless everyone would think it would be essential ...

Can you please advise?

Many thanks!

Hi there,

If you're going to do mostly high-light demanding plants, 4x 7006 fixtures would be ideal since it will put out that extra bit of light necessary for those plants. This option would also give you the flexibility to mount the lights higher off the water if needed.

You could do 4x 7004 if the tank will be a mixture of low - high light plants.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Hi Vinny,
    thank you for the feedback.
    4x LX7004 would certainly look better for us as they are smaller and make a smaller footprint... however I want to make sure I understand correrctly that this would still be sufficient lighting for a CO2 supported planted tank? When I look at the product specs it says for LX7004 it is sufficient for max 160L... 4x LX7004 would then be for 640L tank?? LX7006 says it is for max 240L so 4x LX7006 would be sufficient for 960L tank?

Our tank will be 1100 Liters, so - just to confirm: would in your opinion 4x LX7004 still be sufficient for this volume?

I intend to have discus fish and 27C temperature so it will be rather limited as to the choice of plants and their environment, but I still want to give them as good support for growth as possible.

Thank you!!

The tank size per light is a very rough estimate since every tank will hold different types of plants and coral, each having their own set of lighting preferences. If you would prefer to have more light, do the 4x 7006 because at least you will have the option to reduce the intensity if it is too much.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.