Thread: adjust dosing pump based on ph value

Default adjust dosing pump based on ph value

Hi,

Is there a way to make adjustments to the doser based on ph reading ? No i'm not using a calcium reactor and I do not want the ph reading to turn on/off a socket on the powerbar. Instead, I want the ph reading to skip or not skip a scheduled dosing. Because I'm using one of the dosing heads to dose kalkwasser. Is there a way to accomplish this ?

thanks
    Last edited by george7523; 25.02.2021 at 13:54.

Yes, it is possible.

The steps are explained here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...ph-is-above-x/
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks for the reply, Vinny. So it's possible to make it stop dosing if ph rise above set level. Is it possible to set a low ph limit and do double dosage if level falls below it ? Thanks

yes it is. you need a copy of the ph probe, a second dosing scedule for tje second dosing. combune this with an additional pl

Thanks fo the tip @Gandalf. Could you explain a little bit more ? If I understand correctly, I would need two ph probes ? and how can you assign a pump head two different sets of schedules ? I don't see anything in the interface that allows for this. Can I get away with just using 1 ph probe ? Instead of using two ph probes, can I use two pump heads dosing the same liquid to accomplish this ? I actually have an extra doser 2.1 unit that I'm not using.

So, if I have 2 pump heads both set to dose 1ml. But have pump #1 dose only if below high limit(8.4), and have pump #2 dose only if below low limit(8.0). So essentially if ph is below low limit(8.0), then pump #2 would dose as well as pump #1. Resulting in double dosage. when ph is below high limit(8.4), it allows pump#1 to dose, but if it isn't below the low limit(8.0), let's say it currently reads at 8.2, then pump#2 doesn't dose. Thus resulting in normal dosage. Is this the right idea ?
    Last edited by george7523; 26.02.2021 at 05:01.

the first step is to copy the ph probe.
    This can be only done direct at the Profilux
    You will still have one real ph probe.
    In the Profilux you will have two with the same value and diffrent limits.
    Page 75 Point 8.8
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/de/...andbuch-v7-02/

now you have to create a second pair of switch channel and unused dosing pump for the second dosing. use a liittle diffrent time for this second dosing.
    Now you need a second Programmable logik that combine the unused dosing pump and the vituel PH probe.
    Combine this two programmable logiks to a third one.
    Programmable Logik 3 = PL 1 or PL 2
    Assigne the switch channel to Programmable Logik 3 and your dosing pump to the switch channel

Thank you so much Gandalf, you are wise as the name suggests. I definitely need to read up on the programming manual. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and the link !!

Steps for creating a virtual probe can be found here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...virtual-probe/
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.