Thread: Current Pumps in Stream Group

Default Current Pumps in Stream Group

Is there a difference between Sequence 1 and 2 when controlling only 2 current pumps? I have read the ProfiLux manual, programming guide, and the “making waves” articles but the sequence mode is still somewhat confusing. It does however seem to perform similarly on both modes when controlling 2 pumps.

Also, in wave mode, I prefer standing waves made using right angled waves. Is this mode more stressful on pumps?

Both modes will be similar when only two pumps are used. These differences between these options are more apparent when 3 or more pumps are involved. If you need the two pumps to alternate with each other, it would be better to use the Permanent opposite mode.

The stress put on the pumps is not so much on the wave pattern (sinus or right-angled). What matters more is how quickly you set these to move between the min and max percentages. If you're ramping up and down in 1 seconds between 10% and 100%...that will put more stress on the pump than 10% and 100% in 5 seconds.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks Vinny!
    I took your recommendation and changed to Permanent Opposite and this was stirring up so much in the tank to the point I had to turn the max down on both pumps substantially. I think I’m going to prefer this flow pattern! I just have to tweak the wave durations now until I find something that both myself and the inhabitants like.