Thread: How to set up Feed Pause with Vortech Controller

Default How to set up Feed Pause with Vortech Controller

I looking to set up a feed pause that will stop my Ecotech MP10's which are already connected to the Vortech Controller as Master and Slave
    I can see there is a Feed Pause setting in the Vortech Controller but I cant see what needs to be completed from there.
    I should say that the pumps are not connected to the Power Bar

Any help/advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

Once you have told the Vortech which FP it should react to, setup your FP function by following these steps:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...with-profilux/

You don't have to assign the FP (Filter) function to any powerbar socket unless you have something there that needs to also turn OFF when FP is activated.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Hello Vinny and thanks for the reply.
    I am afraid I still don't get this
    Firstly I assume that whatever you are saying should be applied to both pumps even though Master and slave?
    When I go into the VC set up I am presented with a list of modes so on Feed Pause under the number list what am I supposed to be setting the mode to Feed ? or one of the other options?
    There is no option to select what FP it should react to.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 1.33.39 pm.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 1.33.47 pm.jpg

Going beyond that the link you sent me doesn't really say much about using the Feed Pause with a VC only if using through Powerbar socket?

Thanks

In the vortech page's Feed pause, press the blue gear icon. You have to choose "OFF" so it tells the pump to turn OFF. Press Apply, then scroll down that vortech page and specify the FP that this pump should react to.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

I have set both pumps to OFF and saved but when I scroll down the Vortech Page there is nothing where I can specify which feed to react to. I also resaved the assignments

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 6.48.36 pm.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 6.56.12 pm.jpg

Can you confirm whether I should be setting each of the pumps to OFF ?
    Last edited by mlandscape; 04.02.2021 at 19:58.

The option will be directly below your pump information as shown in the how-to article:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...-pump-control/

The missing section for you may be due to an issue with the RF chip in the Vortech or a very old web interface firmware running on your controller (if accessing the web interface). Use the Connect app on your phone or tablet and see if the information is also missing there. If it is, open a support ticket for further assistance.

Checked Connect APP and My GHL the section is definitely missing.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 1.04.17 pm.png

I would be surprised if it is anything to do with the chip because apart from this problem it is all working OK.

Also, it is not that long ago that the VC was in Germany for a fault and Thilo sorted including updating some software but I can't be sure which because the ticket for that matter is no longer available to see.

I have noticed that the Controller Interface version shown on some of the Help links you have sent is showing 4.7 whereas mine is 1.14.

I have raised a ticket

Thanks