Thread: Probe placement?

Default Probe placement?

As I'm continuing to add components and plumbing to my sump, I want to make sure I'm placing the P4 probes in the best location.

I have:
    - Temp
    - Codnuctivity
    - Redox
    - pH

Is there any place they SHOULDN'T go?

Is refugium placement acceptable for any of the probes?

Thanks!

Hi,

Ideally the probes should be placed in an area where there are no microbubbles present. If that is not really option, an area with minimal microbubbles is the next best thing. You don't want these bubbles sticking to the probe tip because that is when you may see odd readings. The refugium is fine as long as you don't allow algae to grow too heavily on the probe eye.

If your return section water level is stabile, you can put the probes there.
    Just keep in-mind if you are using the P4 for AWC, you have the option to prevent the sensors from triggering an alarm for the short time they will be out of the water during a water change event. That option can be found in the settings page for each probe, No alarm on water change.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.