Thread: Profilux view 2 and serial connection at the same time?

Default Profilux view 2 and serial connection at the same time?

I have a Profilux Plus II with a Profilux View 2, when I want to change the settings of the Profilux with my computer I have to unplug the View 2 and plug in my Serial to USB adapter. I was wondering, can the serial adapter and Profilux View 2 be connected to the computer at the same time?

At default this is impossible of course since there is only one connector. But it would be a simple project to build a splitter cable that splits the serial connector to two connectors. The View 2 should not use the same signals as the serial communication but there might be something that I have not taken into account that makes it impossible.

I do have the USB expansion card in the computer if anyone wonders but it has never worked for me, an endless source of frustration. But I have decided to move forward since the serial to USB cable works wonderful without causing sleepless nights. :-) Otherwise that would probably be the perfect option.

One RS232 device can be connected to the port at a time.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Ok, thanks! I'll make a small extension cable instead then so I won't have to pull out the whole computer when I need to use USB.