Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with connecting wire to S-port & L-port-breakout box

Default Help with connecting wire to S-port & L-port-breakout box

Hallo. I have acquired a Giesemann Stellar T-5 hybrid dimmable lamp that I want to use with my GHL Mitras.

The dimmable lamp are equipped with a data cable (Western connector RJ12, 150 cm) for connection to the analogue 1-10V interface

I want to control the Giesemann lamp and I have the S-Port & L-Port-Breakout Box so I can control the Giesemann lamp with my Profilux.

From the lamp's ballast/ power supply there are 2 control wires. the first is called "1-10 V" and the other is called "control".

Inside the Breakout box I think that the wire called "1-10 V" goes to port 2, but which port do I have to attach the "control" wire to ?

Hello Kasper,

It would be best to contact GIESEMANN for clarification on their "control" wire. The wires coming from the "1-10V" cable should be connected to the BO box. If you can post a photo of these cables and wires, perhaps we can help with the connection.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

Surry the pictures are upside down, I tried to rotate them in windows 10.

But it can be a bit difficult to see but on the ballast/ powersupply there are a wire from "1-10 V". This wire is black and goes into a connecter. On the other side of the connector the black wire become green. Its the same for the control wire. From the "control" on the ballast it is lillac and it goes into an connector. On the other side of the connector the lillac wire become brown.

It is not written "1-10v" on one wire and "control" on the other but it is written "control 1-10v" for the 2 wires.
    You must connect the PIN2 of the L-PORT of the breakout box to "+" and the PIN3 of the L-PORT of the breakout box to "-".

By the way the "1-10V" and "control" wire from the lamp are goes into a Western connector RJ12 plug that fits in the yellow port on the profilux but i gues that it is unsafe to connet to the profilux without the breakout box.

IMG_1470.jpg

Hallo. Thank :-) I will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper j. View Post
    By the way the "1-10V" and "control" wire from the lamp are goes into a Western connector RJ12 plug that fits in the yellow port on the profilux but i gues that it is unsafe to connet to the profilux without the breakout box.

IMG_1470.jpg
    Not unsafe if wiring is good.

I am not qaulified to see if the wiring i good, but it looks the way I think it should :-)

It should work fine.
    Since each 1-10V port on the ProfiLux supports 2 independent illumination channels, you can set 1-10V ch.1 to Illumination #1 and 1-10V ch.2 to Illumination #2.

More info on 1-10V light control can be found here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...hting-control/
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.