Thread: need help connecting to p3 with lan card

Default need help connecting to p3 with lan card

Hello
    Just did my P3 firmware update to 5.0.0.8(FINALLY) with a buddy's old laptop that had an rs2332 port (tried 2 serial adapters prior with no luck!). So after the update I can no longer connect from my laptop (tcp/ip) the way I use to be able to through the lan card only through the rs2332 port?
    Is there a certain setting I have to change?
    If someone already had a post about this same problem a link would be helpful instead of saying to do a search....
    thank you, Jimmy

Hi
    I am not sure if I understood your post correctly.
    Which connections are possible? Over RS232, over USB (please use our USB-driver from our donwload site)?

If you can access ProfiLux with ProfiLuxControl check the LAN-settings (under "system") or on the device itself

hello Mathias
    I can connect with the rs2332 connected to my pc with profilux control but when I disconnect the rs2332 and try to connect over LAN the way I used to it doesn't work it says "could not connect. Do you want to check your settings now?"
    I hit yes and it takes me to the screen that shows the different connection types I hit the edit button for the TCP/IP connection and hit the button that says configuration it scans the network for profilux and then gives me an error code of "cant find profilux with (W)LAN card!" I must be doing something wrong because I used to be able to connect to my profilux from my remote pc with no issues??
    any help would be appreciated thank you, Jimmy

ok figured it out firewall was blocking it...

thanks for the feedback

another important hint for the users with LAN or WLAN connection issues: Check your firewall!