Thread: PAB max wattage?

Default PAB max wattage?

I'm trying to make sure I got my math, and understandings of the PAB-6D bar right. Usually, we measure our appliances using watts, not amps/volts.

The PAB states each sockets has 10A/230V, so each socket can deliver a maximum of 2300 watts, correct?

If so, it would be the same as my normal wall sockets (10amp fuses is standard here), and I shouldn't worry about overloading the bar, as the residual current circuit breaker(or what you call it) or fuse will react, before the PAB bar, will notice.

Does all this make sense?

Hi kilnakorr,

see screenshot from GHL store webpage attached...

Powerbar 6E-PAB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WernerP View Post
    Hi kilnakorr,

see screenshot from GHL store webpage attached...

Powerbar 6E-PAB.jpg
    Thank you for the image. Doesn't really help me much (and it doesn't make sense the wattage differs between countries - if I bring my PAB to Germany, I can pull more wattage through it?!)

It's clearly written on the PAB "6×10A-230V" - and "2300W".
    So, if each socket has 10A, then 2300W would be for each socket.
    Is mentioned, it doesn't matter as trying to pull more than 2300W through my wall socket, won't be possible.

To rewrite the question: Can I pull 2300W through a single PAB socket if I chose too? (Not using any other sockets)?

The specified limit applies to the powerbar overall, all 6 sockets. If you have a 10A version powerbar, you should be pulling no more than 10A (10A * 220V) in total. A single socket will support it, but then that means you will not be able to use the other sockets as you will already be at the power limit.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The specified limit applies to the powerbar overall, all 6 sockets. If you have a 10A version powerbar, you should be pulling no more than 10A (10A * 220V) in total. A single socket will support it, but then that means you will not be able to use the other sockets as you will already be at the power limit.
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    Seems I can treat it like any other 'socket bar', as fuses are 10A, so max wall sockets are also 2300W.