Thread: Trouble getting maxi doser to connect to new WiFi network

Default Trouble getting maxi doser to connect to new WiFi network

I recently had issues with the p4 not connecting to my new WiFi setup. I also forgot to mention to my helper in the trouble ticket how I achieved it with my unifi dream machine. Resetting the WiFi info and driver on the p4 along with going into the program pane for the dream machine and allowing older devices to connect corrected this issue for the controller. However, the maxi doser will not connect to the new network with using the previous method. I’ve updated the devices firmware with the control center app and attempted to update the WiFi driver for the maxi but am unable to using the either the control center app, or the WiFi update tool. Any suggestion is welcome.

Hi,

If the goal is to have the P4 control the Maxi doser, there is no need to get the Maxi onto your Wi-Fi network. Just sent the doser to slave mode and assign it to the P4.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...n-pab-devices/

If you want to run it separately from the P4, follow these steps:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...wi-fi-network/

Hey Vinny, I’ve already done all of that. The WiFi setup button on GCC sees the network but will not connect. I primarily use this device as a stand alone water change system. I still am unable to connect it as of this afternoon.

Since you want to run it separately from the P4, make sure the doser's WiFi settings (SSID / password) are correct and not entered with any white spaces.
    If you are setting up the doser with a Static IP, make sure you did not assign an IP which is already being used by another device on your network.

Any updates on getting my doser to talk to my unifi dream machine from ubiquity? I've been putting off posting again since I finally got the p4 to connect, but the doser is still elusive. I had some issues with the previous network from Apple, but nothing like this. All the issues stated above are still true. No matter what setting I adjust within the dream machine controller, or GCC its still not showing up.

Many thanks KS, and I hope you start making them again. J

Quick update as I'm up and running. My final solution was to create a separate wireless network on the router just for the doser. The password isn't crazy long and it seems to work and is visible via GHL connect app.