Thread: Lost Connection of Lan

Default Lost Connection of Lan

I have a P3 and I am using a wireless bridge to connect to my network. i had manually entered the ip address and everything was working fine. After the latest firmware upgrade i lost my settings so I manually re-entered the address again but this time i have no connection through the Lan.

after changing LAN-setting ProfiLux must reboot

I rebooted the P3 and now it is not even listed on my router. I am going to try connecting it directly to my router over the weekend.
    I am using a Lynksys WET610N bridge and Verizon's FIOS wireless router if that helps.

after further investigating, i found that my wireless bridge is the culprit. I connected the P3 directly to my router and it worked fine but then i hook up the bridge, it losses the connection somewhere along the line. i am stumped.

Frank, thank you for the hint

which bridge are you using - can you tell us manufacturer / type ?

Lynksys WET610, I am going to try to bridge my Apple airport

ok, no luck on bridging an Apple extreme router. the only solution i have left is to purchase an airport express and hardwire it to my existing router and create a new wireless network so that the Apple extreme can communicate with the express.

Anyone have another alternative?

before going out to buy another piece of equipment, i decided to reset the security on the router to WPA2 instead of WEP and reset the Linksys 610 bridge. i went through the install process for the bridge and this time it works. i just hope this time around i will not lose connection again.