Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATO/AWC Level Control Malfunction - Profilux 4

Default ATO/AWC Level Control Malfunction - Profilux 4

Hello,
    I have been running a Profilux 4 since Jan 2019 (20 months). It has been OK allways so far.
    I'm so satified with the reliability and the functions.
    My AWC is initiated at 21:00 every day and ATO is set allways active. Last evening, I heard some gargling sound in the sump.
    And I found tht the AWC drain pump did not stop at Level Sensor 2. I completed manually filling it up to the Level Sensor 1.
    This afternoon I observed the water level is far below Level Sensor 1, which means ATO has not worked all the way long so far.
    I cleaned the tips of the optical level sensors, and I put the DC power to the Profilux 4 off a minute and on several times.
    Also I checked Y-splitter and they are firmly connected and is in position.
    The Profilux 4 firmware is up to date.
    I have never touched any settings as well as the hardware connections in these days.
    I take a look at the details of the level control settings, but all are normal.
    I can not immagine this problem exacpt something wrong in the H/W inside the Profilux 4.
    Regardless of actual water level, a check mark appeares after the Leve Sensor 1 and 2 allways on the level control ccircuit 1 on the MyGHL in my phone.
    Is this normal?
    Hard to attach image file.
    Could you please help me how to troubleshoot this malefunction?

levelcont-2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default firmware updated but same

I just executed the latest WiFi_FirmwareUpdateTool with "blank chip" and "start" on the correct com port.
    Also I made the latest 7.23 of firmware update on the latest version of GCC.
    But the results of the level control ATO/AWC are still malfunction.
    The program starts AWC, but it drains continuously until it is manually stopped.
    I programmed a timer to add rodi water instead of ATO, but the tank salinity swings a little.
    Please advise me of solution of the problem.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Son in Seoul Korea

Again,
    After the update, wifi is not activated as I can not connect MyGHL.
    By the backup settings recall, all communication IP address settings came back, and I followed the How To video instructions.
    But the current IP address on the communication page does not appear after 30s disconnection. The signal strength antenna shows red X.
    An ipconfig and a ping tests are all OK. But the wifi indication on my P4 does not come on.
    One thing strange is the webserver password "starfish" is unclear like it's inactivated.
    Is this due to somthing worng in the firmware update? or hardware problem?

Son
    Last edited by otimer; 06.10.2020 at 15:29.

Hello,

Based on the info provided and the testing you've done so far, the cause of the AWC behavior is due to the sensor(s) needing replacement.

If your WiFi connectivity issue continues and no hotspot signal is detected by your phone or tablet, you can use the Wi-FI module update tool. Start with Blank chip, then do Reprogram Filesystem, followed by Start. This will set the module to factory settings while updating to the most recent FW.

Hello Vinny,
    Thank you indeed for your kind support.

1. ATO/AWC issue
    The ATO/AWC issue has been cleared. I replaced both optical level sensors with new spare parts.
    The ATO is working, the AWC will be confirmed working at 21:00 this evening local time.
    If any, I will let you know.
    I didn’t even imagine both sensors failed at same time.
    Is this normal? Can you imagine possible causes? Will an electrical noise filter/surge killer in the AC supply circuit of the P4 be effective?

2. WiFi_FirmwareUpdateTool (06/19/2020)
    The wifi connection has not been established. The followings are what I tried.
    1) Stopped GCC, 2) executed WiFi_Firmware Update Tool, 3) checked Com port and identification, 4) Blank chip clicked, 5) Reprogram File System executed, 6) Start executed.
    While performing above 4)~6), every time a black pop-up window open and some texts appear and their subjects are “retry connection”, time-out etc. several times, sometimes couple of times, sometimes many, and finally the window is closed. Is this normal? The update made correctly?

3, on the GCC
    GCC has up-to-date firmware, as version 7.23 (05/09/2019). Upon running the GCC, USB connection could not been established every time after wifi firmware update tool executed. After the P4 reset (power off for couple of seconds), then it can be connected.
    On the communication screen, all cells are clear except webserver user name and security key. Pass word is blank and security key has some numbers, but I cannot enter anything in these cells as they are inactivated. If I restore (transmit file to profilux) backup settings, all previously used data are came up and I can modify. But the password cell (starfish) is rather vague and cannot be modified.
    I modified the IP address (last digit), and I clicked devices - save changes and disconnect for 30 seconds. Upon reconnection, all same data on the communication screen comes back but nothing (0.0.0.0) in current IP address and still a red X appears on the antenna.
    If I cease the GCC and reset the P4, upon rebooting the P4 and the GCC, all cells on the communication screen are clear. This is something different from previous normal operation. I assume wifi module has not been installed or updated correctly.
    20201007_102314.jpg20201005_221548.jpg

What’s the next remedy measure? Do I need a factory reset or initialization as per first time setup of an ESP based wifi module?
    Your kind help will clear my problem shortly.
    Regards,

Son

A question~
    How can I determin level sensor 1 and 2 at level input thru Y-splitter? The system detects automatically?

Son.
    Last edited by otimer; 07.10.2020 at 14:08.

You cannot be connected through GCC and use the update tool at the same time. That is why you were not able to connect via GCC.

Power cycle the P4 and use the update tool again. First blank chip, after the command prompt window closes, power cycle the P4, wait 30 seconds, then choose Reprogram filesystem. After the window closes, power cycle the P4, wait 30 seconds, then choose Start. Again, after the window closes, power cycle and then connect to the P4 using GCC.

Go to the communications page and re-enter your network info.

I noticed in your second photo some information was not correctly entered. Perhaps that was the cause of the problems all along. For example, the name of your P4 hotspot was changed and made identical to the name of your Wi-Fi network. This is not correct and will only cause problems for the Wi-Fi chip.

You can see which sensor is assigned to which level input by going to the Sensor state tab in the Level settings page. Toggle each sensor and look at the state. Whichever shows the (X) appearing and disappearing is the sensor number you are toggling.

Hello Vinny.
    Yes, I understand that GCC and the update tool cannot be connected at same time. So I have run always one by one.
    About the way to identify level sensors, noted and many thanks.
    After replacing the level sensors, ATO/AWC is perfectly working.
    I attached accidently wrong image that has different IP address on client mode and access point mode. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to set wifi connection.
    One important point that I was missing in performing wifi update tool was the reset p4 (power cycle) prior to each step of the update tool.
    I completed update the wifi module strictly as per your instructions as follows.
    Running update tool -> checked COM port and P4 connected -> reset p4 (30s) -> blank chip clicked -> command prompt open/closed -> reset P4 (30s) -> Reprogram filesystem clicked
    -> command prompt open/closed -> reset P4 (30s) -> Start clicked -> command prompt open/closed -> reset P4 and then closed the tool.
    And then open GCC and connect p4. I entered all the IP parameters in the communication page and devices - save changes. I disconnected for a while and reconnected.
    The image below is the screen after reconnection. Also wifi indicator on the P4 is working.
    I tried to modify IP address (last digit), the current IP comes up same as entered IP address.
    20201008_181011.jpg
    But, I cannot connect MyGHL, and I got a pop-up message “Connection Failed” on Crome as well as on my Android phone.
    The pop-up message is slightly different on the I.E but same meaning.
    What is wrong in my procedure? Please advise me how to resolve this problem.
    I very much appreciate your help.
    Regards,

Son
    Last edited by otimer; 08.10.2020 at 12:23.

myGHL is not working because you have not entered a DNS into the fields. Enter 8.8.8.8, save settings, disconnect, then wait 2 minutes before trying to add the device to your cloud account.