Thread: Power outage: profilux 3.1 wont boot

Default Power outage: profilux 3.1 wont boot

Hi, I suffered a several hour long power outage this evening and now my profilux will not boot... well, to be totally accurate, it makes it past the boot sequence where the fish swims across the screen but then displays only a blank screen with no menu options and is unresponsive to the buttons. No connection to my profilux touch and not found on the LAN connection either, seems completely offline. Everything lights up and there is a flashing alarm but the touch screen has gone back to German and does not have any of my settings loaded (is not communicating I guess)

Any ideas? I have power cycled several times for 5 min each time, same result.

Tried the emergency flash too multiple times with no success.

After multiple tries to connect with GCC, for some reason it has finally allowed me to connect over RS232. Will not let me transfer the old settings (says device not compatible) and no display on the unit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmelindy View Post
    After multiple tries to connect with GCC, for some reason it has finally allowed me to connect over RS232. Will not let me transfer the old settings (says device not compatible) and no display on the unit at all.
    Have managed to get the unit programmed by starting all over but still no display on the profilux.

There seems to be a problem with the serial number. It would be best to continue the support in the ticket you have opened.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.