Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KHD does NOT correct my alkalinity

My bet is your dKH consumption is higher than what you are dosing.

I think you are right. I have increased the settings and seen that the KHD also corrected the dosage. Guess I have to fine tune it now.

Thank you Mark for your advice and patience.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Perhaps the basic consumption has increased?
    Try to increase the volume change slightly.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    Perhaps the basic consumption has increased?
    Try to increase the volume change slightly.
    I just have done that, a little too much but I see the KHD does correct the dosage now.

Thank you, Thilo

Quote Originally Posted by Adri-DSR View Post
    I just have done that, a little too much but I see the KHD does correct the dosage now.

Thank you, Thilo

Yes, sorry. I've updated the page before answering but did not see that there is a new page.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    Yes, sorry. I've updated the page before answering but did not see that there is a new page.
    No problem, Thilo.

@thilo The struggle people have is what to set the 1dKH deviation volume to. There is no best practice discussed for this. My approach was to set it to actual volume needed by the supplement. In this way you are never hunting and adjusting the number. You limit the min/max to prevent quick changes. If you just use this setting with 0ml dosing, it will just bring your dKH back to target. Basically replacing consumed dKH. A simple example, if the tank is consuming 1.2dKH a day (assume constant consumption to keep it simple) and starts at 8dKH. In 4hrs it would be 7.8 and the KHD would replace the consumed amount and you'd be back to 8dKH. So you're daily variation would be 7.8 to 8.

By adding the nominal dKH dosing of .5dKH (tanks consume between .5 and 2dKH per day) you shift the dKH range to the right. For ease of math, if you set the doser to dose .6dKH a day and start with a 8dKH you will dose .1dKH and be at 8.1dKH. In 4 hours, you're dKH will drop to 7.9 from consumption and the KHD will add .1dKH on top of your .1dKH doser setting for .2dKH change or 8.1dKH. Now you're daily range is 7.9 to 8.1dKH.
    Last edited by arking_mark; 30.09.2020 at 13:21.

HI Mark,

I use EZ-DSR to maintain my tank. GHL has a calculator for this method. So i used the settings that this calculator is giving me. And on the other side, the standalone version doen not have the 1 dKH deviation setting, to this makes
    it al a little confusing.

But we figured it out now, only thing i have to do is to figure out the calculator now.

Thanx again for your input!

Interesting. EZ-DSR calculator does the math for you. I may dig in a little bit to see how they worked the numbers. Are you supposed to manually update the KHD periodically or is this a one time setup?

Quote Originally Posted by arking_mark View Post
    Interesting. EZ-DSR calculator does the math for you. I may dig in a little bit to see how they worked the numbers. Are you supposed to manually update the KHD periodically or is this a one time setup?
    It looks like it can be both.