Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KHD does NOT correct my alkalinity

It is not in the app either.

Yep. Older software version. You'll have to check documentation, but I think that "Volume Change" is for a 1dKH deviation. If so, that should be set to ~100ml for your supplement.

How can the app be an older version?

Same for the computer software, there is no newer version on the website of GHL.

Or are you using the new beta version?

@Vinny @Thilo

perhaps you can shine a light on this issue?

Thank you!

Could be standalone is just different from the Profilux 4 integration. Regardless, I think its the volume setting. Once corrected you should see it keep your dKH right around target.

The KHD shows me that it corrects the dosings with 1 ml, see screendump.

I dose 24 times a day, 24 x 1 ml extra. This is almost the complete correction to go from 7.5 to 8

Unless this 1 ml is divided by 24 dosings, then it make sense why it is still on 7.5

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Here's how I set it up and why...

1. I set doser for the nominal dose a reef tank uses per day, which is .5dKH. For my tank, I dose 6 times a day and require 24ml of supplement. So 4ml per dose. This ensures that if my tank is at target 8dKH, it still will dose this minimum amout that will be used up b4 next dose.
    2. I set the 1dKH deviation volume to the actual ml needed to raise my dKH by 1. The KHD is set to measure 30 minutes b4 dosing. This ensures that after every measurement, my dKH is replenished to at least 8 plus my minimal dose.
    3. I limit the max/min dose adjustment to .25dKH because I never want a larger change then that. It protects my tank from anomalous readings as well.

With these setting, I'm typically between 7.9 and 8.1 dKH. Sometimes a little higher and sometimes a little lower. The dKH consumption of my tank varries throughout the day. The more measurements / doses you do the tighter you can lock in the target dKH.
    Last edited by arking_mark; 30.09.2020 at 06:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Adri-DSR View Post
    @Vinny @Thilo

perhaps you can shine a light on this issue?

Thank you!
    The control settings has been moved to the dosing pump settings from P4 7.24 in preparation for the IOND. For P3 and Doser 2 the firmware has not been updated yet.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    The control settings has been moved to the dosing pump settings from P4 7.24 in preparation for the IOND. For P3 and Doser 2 the firmware has not been updated yet.
    Thilo,

but why is my KHD not correcting my dosages? KHD shows that it it dosing 1 ml extra per dosage to correct my Alkalinity. But nothing is happening. The Khd measured 7.5 dKh for 4 days and last night it was even dropped back to 7.3 dKh.

If there is 1 ml extra per dosage then my dKh should already be back at 8 but this is not happening!

Can you explain why this is happening. I start to think that my KHD is faulty and does not correct the dosings

The strength of my KH solution is 16.51 ml / 100 liter to raise 1 dKh. My tank is 334 liter, so i need to dose 55.61 ml to raise 1 dKh, to raise just 0.5 dKh i have to rise 27.8 ml extra

My baseline dosage is 24 times 5.5 ml. Total dosage a day is 132 ml

The settings of my KH Director are:

Volume Change: 3 ml
    Limit Raise: 5 ml
    Limit Lower: 5 ml
    Calculated adjustment: 1 ml.

With these settings, the KHD should dose 6.5 ml (5.5 baseline + 1ml calculated adjustment) per dosage. Then i should be back at 8 in just about 24 hours, but this is not the case.
    My alkalinity is even dropping back to 7.3 now
    Last edited by Adri-DSR; 30.09.2020 at 10:39.