Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue with power loss and level sensor

Default Issue with power loss and level sensor

I had a power loss and got unexpected behavior from a level sensor. I believe this behavior is incorrect and possibly harmful.

I have a level sensor for detecting low water. After a power outage (I've simulated this several times), the programmable logic associated with the level sensors fill status is triggered. At no time is the water low, in my case the water level will never change with a power outage.

Further analysis shows this happens with just the profilux losing power.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the sensors does not cause this to happen.

Please help.
    Last edited by arking_mark; 24.09.2020 at 21:52.

For how long does the sensor state change after a power outage?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The sensor state shouldn't change at all it's a low water sensor and the water level doesn't change. The sensor itself is 8 to 12 inches below the water line.

Yes, but what exactly does the sensor do after a power outage? For how long does it have the wrong state?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

How would I see that? Its powering on. The level sensor never moves.

Bump

To clarify what I want to know:
    How long does the problem last, or how do you solve it so that it works properly again?
    I would like to narrow down what is responsible for the problem.

You can also create a ticket: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/

Setup:
    1. Sensor in container:
    20200929_083304.jpg

2. Control for sensor set to ATO
    SmartSelect_20200929-083201_GHL Connect.jpg

3. Programmable Logic
    SmartSelect_20200929-083102_GHL Connect.jpg

Problem:
    1. Loss of power to Profilux controller
    2. No water level change in container
    3. Power restored to Profilux controller
    4. Programmable Logic triggers (it shouldn't as there was never a water level drop)

As this is an SR-Flipflop, I never see any state change because by the time the system has powered up and I can get into the app, there is nothing to see. The sensor does not appear to be activated.

Ok, now I understand. Probably, when the ProfiLux starts, the sensor state is low level for a short time and the SR-Flipflop is activated.
    I will forward this and we will check why this can happen. Until we have a fix you could try turning and inversing the sensor.

So I finally got around to physically inverting the sensor and found that this doesn't fix the issue. I think you have a bug with the SR-Flipflop programable logic. Somehow a power off/on of either my expansion box or my Profilux causes the issue and triggers the SR-Flipflop even though the sensor state never flips.