Thread: Profilux 3 ethernet connection issues

Default Profilux 3 ethernet connection issues

OK, so my profilux 3 has been working fine for the past years and am convinced there is nothing wrong with the device.
    Its connected to my home network over ethernet (cat5a).
    I have been running the latest GHL control centre on my windows PC.
    Recently i wiped my PC and re-installed everything however GHL control fails to find any devices on the network.
    I can access the Web interface on the Profilux through its internal IP address
    I can access the MyGHL interface over the internet.

Troubleshooting carried out so far.
    Ive turn off the windows Anti virus and firewall settings (i dont have any 3rd party firewall software)
    Installed various version of GHL control software on my PC
    installed GHL on two other Windows 10 PCs in the house
    Ran a VM with Windows 7 and installed GHL software.
    All of these devices can ping the Profilux ip address.
    Ive ran a single ethernet cable from my PC direct to the Profilux and gave both my PC and the Profilux a static IP address.
    Ive tried connected my PC to the network over Wifi and fixed Ethernet.
    Ive disable the Wifi card while connected over fixed ethernet.
    Checked IP address, Mask and Gateway on the Profilux and everything is fine.

I even ran a wireshark and capture the packets but i couldn't see anything obviously wrong.

I can access the device from my phone app which serves my purpose, but im completely at a loss why i cant connect to the device from a PC in my house.

Any network Gurus out there who might be able to suggest something?

Thanks

Have you tried entering the IP directly at the connection settings or are you using the feature to automatically search for your ProfiLux?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    Have you tried entering the IP directly at the connection settings or are you using the feature to automatically search for your ProfiLux?
    I've tried both manually entering the IP address in the GHL application and autodetection.
    The only difference is the manual configuration fails quicker.

Ok, then please open a ticket and provide your network settings there: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.