Thread: Wastewater pump shows incorrect volume

Default Wastewater pump shows incorrect volume

I did a empty container by clicking the button in the app and also ptied the wastewater bin. Then just ran one measurement and the pump shows 278ml filled. It shouldn't be using that much for a single measurement and also the wastewater bin barely has anything left in it. Not sure what's going on. See screenshot of the pump settings.

Screenshot_20200913-085236_GHL Connect.jpg

Check the flow rate settings for this pump and make sure you have the correct ml/min amount entered. The amount displayed in the fill container is based on the waste water plus some extra (incl. air) to extract all water from the measurement cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Check the flow rate settings for this pump and make sure you have the correct ml/min amount entered. The amount displayed in the fill container is based on the waste water plus some extra (incl. air) to extract all water from the measurement cell.
    I have 38 ml/minute for this pump. I measured the water from the waste bin and it came to 125ml. But the display shows 278ml. Can you suggest why there is such a huge discrepancy, like almost double?

As you know I am trying to troubleshoot the incorrect Kh readings and could this be a reason why the reading is off?

As mentioned earlier, the discrepancy is due to the drain portion of the test. The KHD will run the drain pump slightly longer to ensure the measurement cell is emptied. As a result there will be air in the tube which the fill container does not recognize and instead registers as "filling" the container. The extent of the discrepancy is heavily dependent on the size of the water sample used for each test.