Thread: No WiFi hotspot, no GHLDOSER network showing up, can’t connect to my KHD

Default No WiFi hotspot, no GHLDOSER network showing up, can’t connect to my KHD

I got my KH Director yesterday and got it all connected. I only ever connected it to the GHLDOSER “WiFi”, of course with no internet connection. I found a video on YouTube about how to add your personal WiFi to the KHD and went for it, changing IP addresses and everything. The only result in it is that now nothing works. I can’t get into the doser and read the test results any more. When I go to look for available WiFi there used to be a “GHLDOSER” but now that is all gone.
    1. How do I proceed to connect to my KH Director again?
    2. How do I connect the KH Director to the internet and myghl?

I hope you can help me so I can get connected again soon. Thanks
    Peter/ Stockholm

Hi,

then something with the configuration went wrong. Please connect via USB and check the network configuration.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    Hi,

then something with the configuration went wrong. Please connect via USB and check the network configuration.
    When I check your webpage it seems you can only connect with a PC, is that correct? I only ever had Mac so is there any way I can correct this with an app on my iPhone, iPad or by connecting through my Mac?
    Or any way to “restore it to factory settings” or something like that?

If the Doser is not avaiblable via network, connecting via USB is the only way to fix the configuration or reset the Doser. And for this there is only the Windows program GHL Control Center, so unfortunately you need (at least for the duration of the configuration) a Windows PC or a VM.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

”GHL Connect is a platform independent, web based and universal user interface for GHL devices. It is used in the app, the cloud service myGHL and the integrated web server. GHL Connect runs on Windows, Mac, Android and many other platforms.”

This is from your webpage, GHL Connect. Can’t I use that to fix the problem with USB? It seems to run on Mac as well. I really don’t want to buy a PC to get the KH Director to work.
    Otherwise; there’s no way to delete everything that is on the KH Director and get it back to Factory Settings, so starting all over?
    Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

USB connection requires GHL Control Center which is a windows program.

Connect via USB using GCC and you will be able to adjust your network settings.

In the end I managed to connect to the doser via the USB through Windows on the Mac. You really really should make the doser much easier to connect to from any platform or even web browser. Or even Bluetooth. Unfortunately being able to connect to it through USB has NOT solved my problem.
    I can get into it from my computer but I can still not connect it to WiFi. How is this meant to work? Can I do anything to get the old WiFi the came with the doser when I first connected to reappear? That way I could at least connect to that WiFi through my phone when I’m home. But after I tried to connect to my home WiFi the GHL WiFi seems to be gone for ever.
    So I can’t connect the doser to wifi. For that reason I can’t connect to it from my phone. So I can’t easily see any reading for the KH tests and I can’t find any way to look into any previous tests from my computer, only the latest one. So all the tests made throughout the day, those results are just gone. What am I supposed to do here? The doser needs to be connected to internet to communicate with myGHL but it can’t connect to WiFi. I really don’t get it and I really don’t understand why you don’t make it way more user friendly. Please can you help me get the doser online...?!
    Last edited by ppsthlm; 10.09.2020 at 22:49.

Did you search for and follow the steps in the how-to video?
    Start there.

If that does not work, open a ticket and provide specific details on your network and entered Doser wifi settings.

Yes I tried all that and did it even ones more now.
    When I run the IP Ping it says “Destination host unreachable” four times.
    I tried to change the local IP to different options but same result every time.
    When I did the IP Config earlier however everything looks right.
    The logo on the KH is blinking at times one white then one yellow, at times one white and one blue.
    What could be wrong?

Either the Wifi information entered is wrong or the IP being assigned is being used by another device on the network.
    If you set the doser to Obtain IP automatically, it will allow your network to assign an IP which is not being used. If you go that route, you will have to log into your router settings to see what IP address was assigned.