Thread: Windows 10 connection problem to control center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows 10 connection problem to control center

I am unable to connect on a brand new laptop running windows 10. I downloaded the latest version (not beta) and configured as I have done with my Windows 7 laptop. Windows 7 machine works excellent, has been for several years. Windows 10 machine goes through all of the same connection processes, even shows both ip addresses of my P3 and P4 but when I select either of the IP addresses the active screen shows nothing. What am I missing?
    Profilux 3 EX, Doser, Touch, Mitras x 4, Tunze Pump Control, and all the probes. 250G (84x28x24) mixed reef running since 2007.

USB works, just no wireless connection.
    Profilux 3 EX, Doser, Touch, Mitras x 4, Tunze Pump Control, and all the probes. 250G (84x28x24) mixed reef running since 2007.

Hi there,

What do you mean by "the active screen shows nothing"?
    Do you have a screenshot to share?

If nothing was changed in your network and the connection settings in GCC from Win7 was copied over into the Win10 PC, then your new computer's firewall may be restricting access. The fix would be to add an exception to your firewall. If you are using windows defender, you can add an exception by opening that up and select Add an app or feature.... Click Change settings, followed by Allow an app. Click Browse, navigate to the GCC application file and click ADD.

Hey Vinny, thanks for the reply. I have done what you suggested and no joy over LAN. In fact I deleted the trial version of some antivirus, turned off all firewalls, and still no joy over LAN. I added the ghl.exe file to the allowed apps, nothing.

This is what happens: Open the program. Click connect with wifi. The big right side display immediately shows the connecting message and the "scans for profilux" twice, one on top of the other. The result returns with 2 ip addresses, one for each of my profilux. Exactly the same process as my WIN7 machine. I choose one of the ip's, it thinks for a minute then drops the first scan window and scans again with the same result. Whether I choose the same ip as the first scan or the other the right side display goes off as if you just opened the program and no connection. Interestingly if I open the connection settings and tap the "configuration dialog it scans perfectly, gives me the two ip's, i pick one, and it goes to the web and gives me the web interface with all the relevant information about the profilux controller assigned to the ip I chose. Weird

So to recap:

All firewalls off.
    Control center added to allowable apps in Defender.

USB connection works
    Web interface works when accessed through connection settings-lan-configuration.
    Will not connect using LAN.

The only thing I have not tried:

Assigning individual device address between the two profilux controllers. The WIN7 machine is running control center V1099, new WIN10 machine running V1131. The WIN7 V1099 had no issue with this but maybe V1131 in WIN10 does?

Rebooting either of the controllers.

Appreciate the help.

Assigning individual device addresses did nothing, reboot also not the solution.

If you download and use v1131 on your Win7 computer, you will see there is no issue with this version. No issues on Win10 were reported either.

Instead of using the auto-search option, enter the specific IP address of the controller for each dedicated connection. Restart GCC, open and try again.