Thread: Need some help optimizing my Profilux setup....

Default Need some help optimizing my Profilux setup....

I have had my Profilux Plus II for awhile now (atleast 5 or so months) and am thinking that theres just a TON more cool stuff to do with this product that I just dont know how to do, or am just overlooking and not having it do....

Anyone have any suggestions or doing anything that is REALLY sweet with yours ???

Right now mine is really basic,I want to make it more involved though since I have it.....

Lights on and off (illumination 1, 2, and 3) and lights off at high temps (82*)
    refugium light on and off (illumination 4)
    return pump always on
    tunze 6101s alternating with 10 minute feed pause
    spin kalk reactor bar for 2 minutes every 6 hours (illumination 5)

Thats what mines currently doing but I feel like it can do ALOT more and wanted to get some input from you guys. I need to get another power bar for the skimmer pumps, sump fan, etc. but wanted to see if theres anything I can do now....

Is there a way to make the kalk reactor better or should I just leave it as an illumination channel ??? Is there any way to program it so it wont spin if my PH is at a certain level ????

I REEEEALLY want to be able to look at the stats over my iPhone, and am trying to learn that now, but im not good at computers or networking. I have a spare laptop that I use for my Profilux so I didnt know if that would work or if I needed the LAN card, etc....

Im also thinking about getting a Ca reactor soon, but might go with the GHL dosing station if that would be able to keep up with my Ca demands....

Shoot some ideas out....

The GHL will do almost anything you want it to do, I have set my kalk stirrer up with a solenoid divert on my top up and it is toped up with kalk at night. My calk reactor runs all the time, and maintains levels spot on. I also use the dosing pumps for the Gro Teck ABC and plankton.
    Cheers
    Pete