Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to program the Profilux to fill a mixing container?

Default How to program the Profilux to fill a mixing container?

I have a fresh saltwater in a mixing container for my AWC. I would like the following to happen:
    1. When the conainer is almost empty (level sensor 1), turn off AWC (Maxi pumps 10 & 11), and turn on a switch (switch 6) to fill the container
    2. Send me a notification to add salt
    3. When I am done adding salt, manually start a delay timer to start AWC
    4. If my emergency stop on the mixing tank is hit (level sensor 2), turn off switch 6

AWC should not come back on till I manually start the delay timer.

Thanks

Mark

A little help please? I find your documentation very confusing.

I think the confusion is due to how GHL has predifined how something should work. For instance, I can't just use a level sensor as a simple on/off indicator that I would like to use to control some behavior. Instead, I have to understand that:
    1. I need to set a Control-->Level-->Circuit 1
    2. Then for that Level Circuit 1, I have to choose an operation from (Not Active, Auto Top Off, Leakage Detection, ect...) which has predifined behaviors with associated Level Sensors. In my case, Auto Top Off provides a bahavior I can use. It uses 1 Level Sensor, and sets a Fill Water state when water falls below the sensor.
    3. Now I can use this Fill Water State from Level Cirduit 1 in a Programmable Logic Gate. Using a SR_FLIPFLOP, which uses set/reset signals, I use the Fill Water from Level Circuit 1 to set (turn on) and then use Maintenance 1 as the reset (turn off). If I control one of my switches from this Programmable Logic 1, I will get some of my desired control. When the container is almost empty, Level Sensor 1 will casue Level Circuit 1 to change state to Fill Water 1 which will trigger the Program Logic 1 which will in turn turn on my GHL Switch. My ATO device will fill the tank and stop itself when done. I can manually start Maintenance 1 to add salt which will reset the Programmable Logic 1, turning off my GHL switch.
    4. This still doesn't enable my emergency stop with my GHL Level Sensor 2. So I need to add another Programmable Logic Gate that combines input from Level Sensor 2 and my Programmable Logic 1. In this case I want the GHL switch to be on if Programmable Logic 1 is true and Level Sensor 2 is false.
    5. This means creating another Control-->Level-->Circuit 2 and finding a behavior that will work. In this case I chose Return Pump and set it to use Level Sensor 2. Now when Circuit 2 indicates Fill Water 2, meaning the float sensor has been activated, I want to shut off my GHL Switch. So Programmable Logic 2 is an AND gate with Programmable Logic 1 and Fill Water 2 (inverted casue this should be false).

This is way more difficult then it needs to be because GHL is obfuscating sensors and such through preset behaviors that may or may not be what you are looking for.

I still need to figure out how to stop the Maxi doser from doing AWC when the fresh saltwater goes low until after the Maintenance 1 is complete.

Also, the GHL documentation for automation is pretty bad.

I seriously recommend you update the documentation and answer questions more quickly on the forum.
    Last edited by arking_mark; 01.09.2020 at 20:29.

To be more specific on next step I am looking for the following control:
    1. I have my Maxi Doser on a schedule adding and removing 600ml of water (not using sensors)
    2. I would like the Maxi Doser to stop dosing when low fresh saltwater is detected (and I begin filling with fresh RO/DI water)
    3. I would like the Maxi Doser to start dosing again when Maintenance 1 completes

Please let me know how to do this...I didn't see a way of pausing or stopping/starting the Maxi Doser schedule.

There is no possibility to pause or to catch up on a dosage or water change.

You could place the sensor for the minimum level of fresh saltwater so, that there is still enough for a water change and then use programmable logic, a timer and delayed start to ensure that a currently running water change is still completed when the sensor is triggered.
    A water change which has not been started because the water level is no longer sufficient can not be repeated automatically.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

That is very disappointing and greatly limits automation. I would highly recommend adding a controllable pause feature to controlling your dosers.

Mark

What if I power the Maxi from a GHL Switch? I could then power off the Maxi when the low fresh saltwater is triggered and then switch it back on after maintenance completes? Would that work? How would I program that?

Yes you can stop a dosing pump from dosing when using a switch channel and prog. logic to control the pump, but there is currently no possibility to catch up on the cancelled dosage.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Since it's just an AWC, it really doesn't matter about missed dosing. How would I program that?

Also, I would like to get text and email notifications when the low fresh saltwater is detected. I can't seem to get that working either?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

One caveat is that the Maxi doser has to be the last PAB device. If not, when its powered off all devices after it are disconnected.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk