Thread: ATO help?

Default ATO help?

I want to setup ATO for my tank and I have the following:

I also have leak detection

Optical Sensor for ATO used to determine if water is in reservoir or not

2 sensors in tank one high and one low.

I plugged in splitter purple on Profilux and have one of cables going to optical other to leak detection (how to determine which cable is what for each sensor? which one is one?)

I setup ATO optical with FILL ATO? So if empty the ATO pump will not turn on and fill my tank?

When I plugged it into purple port I don't see Control Circuit 1 & 2 checked.. Isn't purple port 1/2?

I am a little confused, thanks

Hi there,

If the goal is to prevent the ATO from running when the reservoir is low, you can do this by using Programmable Logic to combine the ATO and Leak function. This PL function is then assigned to the Powerbar socket which is controlling your ATO pump.

Here's how to do that:

1. Follow this video for ATO setup:

This will explain how to setup the Min-Max (2-sensor) function and how to assign it to your desired powerbar socket.

2. Follow the Leakage Detection setup steps shown here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...with-profilux/

Since you are using the Leak Detection function for your ATO reservoir, make sure you Invert the sensor responsible for this task. You can identify which sensor is which by looking at the Sensor states page in the app or GCC. As you toggle each sensor, you will see the (X) mark appear and disappear.

With those two functions have been created, the next step will be to combine these functions using Programmable Logic.

1. Go to the Programmable Logic settings page, select an unused gate
    2. Set the function to AND
    3. Set Input 1 to Fill water ATO only and select the control circuit number where you created the ATO function
    4. Set Input 2 to Fill water and select the control circuit number where you created the Leak function
    5. Save settings
    6. Go to the Switch channels page and select the outlet that will control your ATO pump
    7. Type-in a description
    8. Set the function to Programmable Logic and select the gate number you chose when you created this function on step 1.
    9. Press SAVE

The socket will now be allowed to run when needed by the ATO task. If the reservoir sensor is triggered (inverted), it will not allow the ATO task to run.

For the splitter cable still lost on which sensor is 1/2 or 3/4. The purple port on profilux is 1/2 correct? The leak interface is supposed to have a red light correct (it dont) ? I am not using leak detector for ATO you confused me there, lol. I want to say make ATO Empty Alarm if optical sensor detects no water in it and pump of course wont go on, is that what you gave me?

Splitter cable one end to optical the other end to leak interface; trying to find out which sensor is which when it's plugged in.

I figured it out. However, the leakage detector will trigger an alarm if it detects leak in that area correct? Also is there away to make an alarm if my ATO reservoir is empty?

Quote Originally Posted by tmccaf View Post
    However, the leakage detector will trigger an alarm if it detects leak in that area correct?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by tmccaf View Post
    Also is there away to make an alarm if my ATO reservoir is empty?
    You could use a level sensor with operational mode ATO and maximum on-time 1 second
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I want to do the following:

Optical Sensor ATO Reservoir if empty Alarm and ATO Pump don't run if empty

Sump Low float sensor turn on ATO Pump and turn off if the sensor is closed

Sump High Skimmer, ATO Pump wont turn on, Alarm sent

Leak detection turn off return pump, skimmer, ato and alarm sent

This is what I have and not sure correct. How do you add more functions to outlets, I Am guessing use programmable logic.

Also I want the ATO pump to run at max 9 min.

Circuit Link 1 is optical sensor ATO

Circuit Link 2 is leak detection

Circuit link 3 is sump low

Circuit link 4 is sump high

I am guessing Sensor 4 which is Sump High should be inverted.

Hi,

This is vastly different from what was originally being described.

Do this for each sensor...you will assign the tasks to the respective outlets later.

ATO reservoir sensor
    1. Choose an unused control circuit and create this function by choosing Leakage detection
    2. Invert the reaction of this sensor

ATO sensor
    What you are describing is a 1-sensor ATO task...
    1. Choose an unused control circuit and create this function by choosing Auto Top Off
    2. Set max-on time; 9-min

High level sensor
    Turns off ATO pump and skimmer
    1. Choose an unused control circuit and create this function by choosing Leakage detection

Leak sensors (External)
    Turns off ATO, Skimmer, Return pump

Since you want to have multiple tasks assigned to the same outlet, you will need to use Programmable Logic. Here's how to create PL functions for multiple tasks.

Combine ATO task with Leak detection (ATO reservoir)
    1. Choose an unused gate (example G1) and set the function to AND
    2. Set Input 1 to Fill water (ATO only) and set Input 2 to Fill water (choose the control circuit where you created this leak function)

Combine 1st PL gate with Leak detection (upper sensor)
    This will combine the first PL function you just made with this new PL which adds a 3rd function (leakage detection for upper sensor)
    1. Choose an unused gate (example G2) and set the function to AND
    2. Set Input 1 to Programmable Logic 1
    3. Set Input 2 to Fill water (choose the control circuit where you created the leak function for the high level sensor)

Combine 2nd PL gate with Leak detection (external sensors)
    This will combine the 1st and 2nd PL function and adds a 4th function (external leak sensor)
    1. Choose an unused gate (example G3) and set the function to AND
    2. Set Input 1 to Programmable Logic 2
    3. Set Input 2 to Fill water (choose the control circuit where you created the leak function for the external leak sensors)

Assign the 3nd PL function (G3) to the outlet powering your ATO pump
    1. Go to the switch channels page, select the ATO pump and set the function to Programmable Logic 3

For example...
    When you created the first PL function (G1), you combined your ATO task with the ATO reservoir sensor. You then took this combined function (Gate #1) and combined it with your Leak detection (upper sensor). This was done on Gate #2.
    You then took Gate #2 and combined it with your external leak sensors on gate #3. This new gate (g3) is then assigned to the socket controlling your ATO pump. This tells the sockets that it shall run based on the commands from 4 different functions.

Now that the ATO pump is taken care of, let's move onto the skimmer
    Since you want this to react to two separate functions, similar to above you will use Programmable Logic to do so...

1. Choose an unused gate (example G4) and set the function to AND
    2. Set Input 1 to Fill water (choose control circuit belonging to upper sensor
    3. Set Input 2 to Fill water (choose control circuit belonging to external leak sensor
    4. Go to the switch channels page and select the outlet powering your skimmer
    5. Set the function to Programmable Logic 4 and select the gate number you used in step 1.
    6. Save settings.

This will make the skimmer run at all times. If any of those sensors are triggered, this outlet will turn OFF and an alarm will be activated.

Moving onto the return pump...
    1. Go to the switch channels page and select the outlet powering your return pump
    2. Set the function to Fill water (choose control circuit belonging to your external leak sensors)
    3. Save settings.

As long as your email or text notifications are properly setup, you will receive notifications if any of these sensors are triggered.

How do I tell the ATO to stop when Sump low is no longer open? I have that sensor on 3. I am guessing add programmable logic 4 the fill water 3 then adds all of them and go to circuit for ATO and use programmable logic 4.
    Last edited by tmccaf; 26.09.2020 at 00:38.

I have something obviously wrong with my programming.

Sensor 1 is my ATO reservoir optical
    Sensor 2 leak external sensor
    Sensor 3 is my sump low
    Sensor 4 is High Sump

My ATO pump will not turn off unless it hits Sensor 4 and I don't want it like that; also it continues even with max time it dont shut off

Maintenance mode not working for skimmer either.. not sure why

I like to get this ATO working correctly though.