Thread: 60"x24"x24" - How many Mitras?

Default 60"x24"x24" - How many Mitras?

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my 3x Kessil a360s with Mitras. I'm hoping to move into LPS and eventually SPS. I'm assuming LX7206? Will two be enough?

Thanks,
    J

Hi there,

For that size tank I would recommend going with 3 fixtures if you're planning to do mostly SPS. Although 2 fixtures will definitely cover that space, the overlapping light from the 3rd fixture will go a long way when it comes to growing larger SPS colonies because it will help provide more even light distribution to the corners of the tank. It will also help in developing proper colors on the undersides of the coral tissue.

If your setup allows for it, start with 2 and add a 3rd fixture if you plan to grow larger colonies.

Thanks Vinny. It's mixed reef and I am not even close to SPS. . I'm just at the point that I'm graduating from being able to grow softies really well and am just starting LPS. So you think starting with 2 would be enough to grow LPS?

And do I need any additional cables or boxes to connect them to my P4?

For LPS, 2 fixtures will definitely be enough. They're not as light-demanding as SPS.

Yes, you will need a PWC-card if you want to control them off of the P4. I just happened to finish writing up the how-to article for it!
    You can find the steps here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...-via-profilux/

Thanks I will check it out.

And just so I understand, even though my P4 already has wifi, this PWC card is a different kind of wireless card that I need?

Correct.

The PWC card emits the signal that LX7s respond to.

Got it. Thank you so much!

Oh, Vinny, I meant to ask...

My tank is 24" deep. The Mitras have enough penetration to get me decent light at the sandbed?

Yes, that will not be a problem for these fixtures.