Thread: AWC triggered by sensor rather than (or in addition to) Timer

Default AWC triggered by sensor rather than (or in addition to) Timer

I run a freshwater planted aquarium. I use conductivity probe as a measurement of TDS. AWC/ATO is already setup with two sensors and triggered by a Timer. It would be useful to use a high conductivity measurement trigger an AWC. As my AWC is setup for small daily (2 gallon) water changes (40 gallon tank), an extra AWC based on “dirty” high conductivity water would be a useful backup to trigger another/extra small water change if the water got particularly dirty for whatever reason.

I see the nominal value and hysteresis settings in the Sensor settings. I know I can dose something based on those measurements with a Doser, but can I trigger an AWC somehow? Maybe programmable logic? I have to admit the Boolean stuff is still confusing to me even after all these years!

Hi,

I not see any direct software solution do o that now.
    But
    You can start AWC with a PLM-ADIN card.
    With that you can power relay closing a digital input with a switch channel activated with conductivity.

Gael

Quote Originally Posted by itsmorefun View Post
    Hi,

I not see any direct software solution do o that now.
    But
    You can start AWC with a PLM-ADIN card.
    With that you can power relay closing a digital input with a switch channel activated with conductivity.

Gael
    Interesting workaround. But hopefully there will be a programming/software solution. I don’t currently have the PLM-ADIN card or I would try it!