Thread: Basement Sump Setup

Default Basement Sump Setup

Hi All,

My display is upstairs with limited access for wires. The sump is downstairs and setup with all my measurement devices. As I would like to control my power heads in the upstairs display, would it make the most sense to install the power-bar upstairs?

If I did this, would I only need to run one communications cable from the controller upstairs to the power bar?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Depending on the type of power heads you want to control, you may be able to skip the powerbar all-together.

For ON / OFF switching control, the powerbar would be needed upstairs. To do that, you'd need to run a single PAB cable from the basement to the display tank.
    If you are running Tunze controllable pumps, you will not need a Powerbar. Instead, you would use a YL2-splitter cable long enough to run to the upstairs. From that splitter, you'd connect one or two GHL Tunze cables. These cables connect to the pump driver.
    For Vortech MP pump control, no Powerbar needed. Just run a single PAB cable upstairs and connect a GHL Vortech Controller acccessory to it. That accessory will then wirelessly control multiple Vortech pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi,

Depending on the type of power heads you want to control, you may be able to skip the powerbar all-together.

For ON / OFF switching control, the powerbar would be needed upstairs. To do that, you'd need to run a single PAB cable from the basement to the display tank.
    If you are running Tunze controllable pumps, you will not need a Powerbar. Instead, you would use a YL2-splitter cable long enough to run to the upstairs. From that splitter, you'd connect one or two GHL Tunze cables. These cables connect to the pump driver.
    For Vortech MP pump control, no Powerbar needed. Just run a single PAB cable upstairs and connect a GHL Vortech Controller acccessory to it. That accessory will then wirelessly control multiple Vortech pumps.
    Ok. Great! I actually have an assortment of power heads. So, the black PAB cable that came with the unit would be the correct cable to run upstairs? Thanks for your help!

The cable with the RJ45 connector is the correct cable. If you need longer ones, they are available in sizes up to 50 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The cable with the RJ45 connector is the correct cable. If you need longer ones, they are available in sizes up to 50 meters.
    Got it. Thanks!