Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATO with 2.1 Doser

The 5-min displayed in the video is subjective and solely based on the individual's requirements and pump model being used.

There are plenty of setups running their pumps with limits at 25 minutes, some even longer. It all depends on the person's setup and system size. Of course one must also consider the wear this puts on the pump. A D2.1 motor running for 25 minutes will have more wear on it then a Maxi motor due to being much smaller in size. For these pumps we recommend running the pump for up to 15 minutes for maximum motor longevity. Running it longer than that (30 or 45 minutes), will still work, but may not be ideal due to the higher demands of the tank setup. That's where a Maxi motor or dedicated utility pump become a more efficient option.

Thanks for clarifying all that. I would suggest that if there are such limits etc on running 2.1 Doser heads then that should have been made clear in the video and in the appropriate literature etc for the Doser. If I had known that I would be having to run a Doser head for such a length of time then I probably would not have gone down this route of user the 2.1 Doser and may not even have used GHL for ATO especially when the Maxi is not even available at the moment.

Disappointed that I have bought new equipment specifically for ATO use at an approximate cost of £150 and now find out that it is not entirely suitable for what I need. If hadnt seen that video I would never have thought about using the doser.

Now I am back in front of the tank the set up with the two sensors is just not working even having raised the time to 45 minutes it was still alarming out. As you have suggested I will be raising a ticket to try to resolve this issue.

In the meantime, I have set it up using the one optical sensor and now its working and no alarms up to now at least.

I have just one question on this one sensor set up. Although it generally makes one large dose ever few hours either side of that there are many smaller doses thereby bringing the doser on more than necessary. Can you let me know what is causing this and how what I can do to stop it doing this.

Attached is a screenshot showing today's doses. The ones on the left, if I recall correctly, were where I had altered the sensor reaction time to either 5 or 10 seconds to try to stop the problem which obviously didn't and the ones on the right are with it set at the default 1 second but the problem still exists

The sensor is in the return pump chamber with nothing else in there.

Many thanks

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 16.09.32.jpg

When a pump head is assigned to the ATO task, it will turn ON however many times as necessary to maintain your desired water level. These short ON cycles are much easier on the motor than single prolonged run times. The caps and rollers will also see less wear and tear than a single cycle which requires 15+ minutes to complete the refill task.

Right OK thanks