Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATO with 2.1 Doser

Sensor 4 is the optical Sensor and that did react from X to -

So both sensors are working properly. The issue is likely due to the max on-time not being set long enough to complete the task.
    If the issue continues, please open a ticket.

OK Thanks hopefully it will be OK.

Presumably, if I want to get more frequent smaller doses in less time then I should go to the ATO with one sensor? Wish I had known that would have saved me the cost of the second sensor and the splitter cable !!

Would it better to use the optical one for this?

So the only water level protection on this will be the maximum run time on the pump?

Can you send me a video link for this setup, please?

Correct.

Sensor type comes down to personal preference. Optical will give a tighter range of control over the float, but may be susceptible to bio-film coverage from nearby macro algae if you are running a refugium.

Yes and that is enough to prevent floods.

OK, thanks - no refugium so not as much of a problem but realise need to keep clean.

I am afraid that the use of this ATO control is proving to be a disaster. There is no point me raising a ticket as the main GHL site is saying that tickets will be dealt with on their return from holiday in 10 days time.

The latest position is that am now away from my tank and the ATO is not working as it should. Whatever maximum run time I set the pump will run for that time and then stop having alarmed out on the time. I have left to see if it resets itself which it is set to do but it never as with myself having to reset it through my GHL. Having gone 26 hrs without it resetting so no top up run!!! I reset it myself and the pump runs and the again alarms out on the time until it is manually reset. I don’t believe this is a run time issue like originally suggested because I have hadn’t set up to 25 mins and it still alarms out. This is a major issue for me being away from the tank and not always ding able to connect to myGHL and that’s another issue. I need a solution to this now not in 10 days time Thanks

Have you sat in front of the device to see the task in-action?
    That will confirm whether the issue is still max-on time related or not.

You already confirmed both sensors are working. The only other cause is the max on-time still being too short.

I can’t sit in front of the device when I am not there. I have tried 5, 15, 20 and lastly 25 mins and on each occasion it alarms out. You can’t be saying that I need to run the doser over 25 mins just to top up? At that rate I be replacing dosing heads more often than water. That’s almost 1 litre per dose. Also why am I having to reset it the error manually all the time - 26 hrs without resetting and topping up doesn’t seem right to me !! Does it seem normal and acceptable to you? How many occasions have you come across when a Doser pump is running in excess of 25 mins to carry out a top procedure ?

I can't say whether 25 minutes is enough for your system or not. I don't know your setup or how much water evaporates on a daily basis.

The scenarios for when an alarm will reset itself ultimately depend on what ATO mode you selected. If the max on-time is not set correctly, it will not work correctly. Review your ATO settings. If need be follow along with the video and observe your ATO task in-action when you are able to. That will give you the best idea of what is happening. We've already determined the sensors are not the issue.

It certainly adding far more than normal and in larger quantities which I am not comfortable with and I am concerned that it is possibly affecting parameters.
    You know the ATO mode is with two sensors that are located close together and has been set up exactly as the video and I have posted screenshot show this.

You have not commented on my questions about how many other systems you are aware of running this system for in excess of 25 mins. I have concerned here for the pump. I am sure I have read somewhere that they should not be run for in excess of 15 mins at any one time. Please confirm what the effect is of running a pump for in excess of 25 mins. The video whilst does say that the time should be set at a sufficiently long enough time but shows 5 mins which I believe is misleading. How many systems like this have 5 mins as a sufficiently long enough time .