Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATO with 2.1 Doser

Default ATO with 2.1 Doser

I have just set up my ATO using one of the pumps on my slave 2.1 doser with a pump speed of Fast and after calibration set at 36ml per min.

I have followed the video by using the exact same set up with the acrylic rod, an optical sensor for the minimum and the float sensor for the maximum using a splitter cable to connect to the level connections on the Profilux but I am not sure it is working correctly. It is set to Min-Max Control

With the positions, I had set the two sensors at to start with and with a 5-minute maximum on time the water level did not reach the float sensor and alarmed. Even though I have the alarm set to reset error automatically on this occasion whilst I was setting things up I reset it myself so it could run again. I have subsequently tried at 12 and 15 mins and in both cases it has alarmed out without reaching the float sensor. For the last two 12 and 15mins, I had moved the sensors as close as I could together: 1 because of the timeout 2 because I was concerned at the amount of RO water being added at a single dose 433.2 ml and 541.2 ml and 3 whether the doser pump would be able to continuously dose for such a long period.

Since the last dose which was at midnight, I did not turn off the alarm myself but left it because I was under the impression that the alarm would reset itself when the water level dropped below the minimum. Although it now appears as if the water level is below the minimum the alarm as not cleared and no further dosing as happened. This is now over 14.5 hours after the last top-up so I have reset manually and the doser immediately started to top up.

I am not sure what the problem is but it quite clearly doesn't seem to be working as I would expect.

I have attached a photo of the sensors as now positioned(Sorry the photo needs turning through 90 degrees to the left to show the correct orientation and a series of screenshots of the setup and the top-ups that have occurred.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

UPDATE UPDATE

After clearing the alarm like I said the doser started immediately and alarmed out again after the 15 minutes having dosed 541.2 ml exactly as per the last dose. Although it is difficult to see properly in the sump the water level after that dose seemed to be just touching the bottom of the float sensor but maybe not quite enough to turn the pump off - either that or the float sensor is not working. I have again cleared the alarm manually.

D199D89F-B0EA-41C7-A343-7BCE55DC8E06.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 14.17.01.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 14.17.18.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 14.17.53.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 14.18.20.jpg
    Last edited by mlandscape; 27.07.2020 at 16:08.

It sounds like the alarm is happening because the 15 minute limit is not long enough to allow the task to complete. Have you tried upping it to 18 or 20 minutes?

The alarm will automatically reset itself only when the upper sensor detects normal water level. The bottom sensor has no effect on the alarm.

If you go to the "States" tab in the control circuit page, you will be able to see if the probe is reacting or not when you manually toggle the switch up and down.

Yes, hopefully, that is the case. I have increased it to 18 minutes to see if that works.

Not sure which switch you mean in the States tab - can you explain a bit further, please.

So having the sensors so close to each other is OK?

What about having the pump running up to say 20 minutes - is that OK? What is the effect on the serviceability and life of the pump?

I am use to top-ups being more frequent and smaller quantities - with what looks like about half a litres every few hours not going to affect the parameters in the tank particularly the salinity?

Is it not possible to set it to have more frequent smaller quantities?

Many thanks

When you go to the LEVEL settings page, there will be a section called Sensors, press that tab (on the app) or scroll down if using GCC and toggle the float switch multiple times. As you do that, you will see an (X) mark appear and disappear. That will tell you if the sensor is working or not.

20 minute run time is not much more than 15 minutes so the wear difference will not be drastic. Just be sure to clean the heads regularly and don't let them get too dirty because that is when problems may happen. If salinity is a concern because of a smaller system, a 1-sensor ATO function would be more suitable because it will keep a tighter range of control within the physical limits of the sensor.

I have looked at that I can't get anything to toggle except the invert switch which is not relevant. Which am I supposed to be toggling?

This is a screenshot of what it is showing the myGHL cloud on my Mac.

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 17.52.12.jpg

When I changed the time fro 15 mins to 18 mins it has dosed again and also alarmed again which is till ON at the moment.

My system is 300 litres. When you say one sensor presumably you use the optical and not use the float but doesn't this give you less protection in case of a failure on the optical?
    Last edited by mlandscape; 27.07.2020 at 18:01.

Quote Originally Posted by mlandscape View Post
    I have looked at that I can't get anything to toggle except the invert switch which is not relevant. Which am I supposed to be toggling?

The sensor itself.

My system is 300 litres. When you say one sensor presumably you use the optical and not use the float but doesn't this give you less protection in case of a failure on the optical?
    Not at all. Regardless if you use one or two sensors for this task, you will still have the Max-on time feature which is your failsafe.

Sorry might being a bit slow here but I can't find anything that will toggle.

Here's another screenshot I have it set to Sensor 3 and 4 using a splitter cable. I assume Sensor 2 is the Leak Detection that I set up at the same time with the module plugged into one of the other level ports with two sensors.

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 18.05.17.jpg

What am I trying to toggle Reaction Time, Inverted, Stae Direct or Stae Delayed on 3 or 4 ? The only one I can get to toggle is invert .

Put the float sensor in the water for a few seconds and see if the sensor state in the app changes and repeat.

Yes Sensor 3 State Direct and State Delayed changed from - to x and the alarm disappeared

Sensor 4 stayed with just X on both

Ok.
    Identify which is sensor #4 and toggle that one as well to see if it reacts. If it does, then that sensor is also working properly.