I own a lot of kit in general with multiple mixed reef displays. I have been in this hobby >30 years and I like GHL a great deal. I was an Apex user but switched some time ago and in almost all respects I am very happy that I did.

However.. having just bought a KH Director I am not at all impressed with the design and quality of the dosing pumps. They are just simply not good enough. I

The design is poor, relying on the tight tolerances between cap and rollers as it does and just 16 day after installing I have 2 jammed heads which despite cleaning have necessitated that I purchase spare kits for both caps and rollers. At first pump 1 failed, now pump 3.

Replacing caps and rollers has solved the problem (for now) but I have very little confidence in this design and it in no may matches what is available as best-in-class with pump heads chosen by other mfrs (say D-D) who have opted to use Kamoer mechanisms which are renowned for reliability - tried and tested in medical settings where reliability is paramout (and I know this from my own experience as I have more than 610stand-alone kamoer pumps of various models that have run continuously for years with just changing of tube occasionally).

I could (maybe) accept that the pump I have was a 'friday afternoon' model.. maybe I just got unlucky with this one, but I really need convincing right now. I just do think I could rely on this pump to take over KH dosing as it is.

Aside from having to replace the caps, the inline filter that was supplied was also wrong (aparently a batch has no direction arrow?).

Maybe someone from GHL can contact me to discuss options. I really would like this to work! A £400 dosing unit from you guys *should* be superior to what D-D produce for 30% less!!