Thread: maxi doser as awc

Default maxi doser as awc

hello please can someone help me i am wanting to buy a maxi doser to change approx 4L per day for my system i understand i can buy the stand alone version but is this possible to shut off my current auto topup while it takes 4 litres from my sump and then replaces it? . or if not which computer would i need to isolate this off during awc and what other accessories would i require to do this. My initial thoughts was i could pull water from my first section in the sump while at the same time pumping water back into my return section so not affecting the level in my sump but if one motor failed during this process then i would have issues

You can do a 4 liter WC with a Maxi.

The standard AWC command uses two sensors (float or optical) to trigger the drain and fill pumps to turn ON/OFF. The video here explains how it works:

The other way to run the AWC is to set each pump head as a normal "dose" schedule for the same times. This will allow the Maxi to remove old SW and add new SW at the same. This option will bypass the need for sensors, but is riskier due to not having the fail safe feature provided by the sensors.

As for turning OFF your ATO during a WC event, you would need a ProfiLux controller to tie this in with a Maxi doser. The other work around would be to connect a digital timer to the ATO and set it to stay ON when a WC event is not happening.

Thank you for your reply Vinny but I think the safest option would be to have a profilux to control sensors and shut off my atu is they any chance you could give me a parts list of accessories I would need to do this I also think WiFi enabled would be best but just not sure what else I could control monitor currently as lights have built in controller as do my pumps and return

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes, using the GHL sensors will give you the more secure way to run that task.

This article here shows you what parts you'd need for AWC:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...with-profilux/

Depending on what lighting you have, the ProfiLux may be able to control it. If you have a Mitras LX7, you can install a PLM-PWC expansion card to have the P4 wirelessly communicate with one or more LX7 fixtures.

I'm looking for a Stand Alone Maxi Doser. Are they still available? Can't find them anywhere. I'm in the United States New Jersey

Production for Maxi units are currently on-hold due to supply chain shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Production for Maxi units are currently on-hold due to supply chain shortages.
    Thanks for the quick response. The Stand Alone can be used by itself or with another controller correct? I'm looking to do water changes. And I currently have the Felix Smart controller.

You can use it either as a standalone device or in conjunction with a ProfiLux controller.