Thread: Add-on Control

Default Add-on Control

I just started using the Add-on Control of the KHD. My nominal KH is set at 8 dKH, on the dosing pump for the KH buffer, these are the values I set:

When parameter deviates by this amount: 1 dKH
    adjust each does about this amount: 7ml
    Limit raise: 3ml
    Limit lower: 3ml

The current KH value is 7.7 dKH, on the "Calculated adjustment per dosing" it shows 1 ml. However, from my understanding, it should be 2.1ml (7ml/dKH * 0.3dKH = 2.1ml). Is it correct? I tried changing the Limit raise and Limit lower to 7ml, but the adjustment is still 1ml. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

Has the KHD measured again since the change? Because the calculated adjustment is only recalculated after the next measurement.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes, the KHD has made measurement after the change, and the adjustment shown on both the GCC and the APP are both 1ml. But I rec-checked the dosing chart, it actually show a +1.7ml adjustment.

A couple things stand out to me with those settings.

Limits are lower than your adjustment amount
    This is not correct. With these settings, you negate the 7ml adjustment amount because you've capped your limits at 3ml. If your KHD does a test and shows that your actual KH value is 1dkH below or higher than 8dkH, it will never be allowed to make the 7ml adjustment because the limit is 3ml. That means if your Alk consumption goes up, the KHD will not be allowed to make the necessary adjustment due to the specified limit.

With the adjustment set to 7ml, you can set the limits to 10ml. That way if the KH test result is up to 1.5dkH from your desired level (8dkH), the KHD will only make a max 10ml adjustment. Even if the KH result was 2dkH higher or lower, the limit will be 10ml.

This video explains how the KHD calculates the adjustment amount:

My tank consumption is quite low, just 2.8ml/dosage (total 33.6ml per day). I just wants to play safe as 7ml is more than double of my dosage. As I said before, the actual adjustment (1.5ml) is different from what shown in the Calculated adjustment per dosage (1ml) at 7.8 dKH. Is it just a round off error on that calculated adjustment per dosage field?

The adjustment displayed is the actual adjustment made. In the calculated adjustment, the decimal places are actually cut off.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.