Thread: Doser 2.1 Slave - red led next to pump manual push buttons

Default Doser 2.1 Slave - red led next to pump manual push buttons

Can anyone tell me why when each pump is run manually by pushing the control button on the pump a Red LED illuminates next to each of the four pump manual push buttons?

Does not happen on my other doser which was standalone until converted to slave for use with KHD

Also, when pump 1 has no permanent blue light and when dosing the red led lights again and still no blue light.

Many thanks
    Last edited by mlandscape; 07.07.2020 at 11:49.

Can anyone please answer this for me

Mnay thanks

All dosing units have this red indicator light. It turns ON to tell you which pump you are activating. If it is no longer working, perhaps a cable is loose inside.

If by "permanent blue light" you mean the status light behind each head, this turns ON when the head is activated. In the early D2.1 models, these backlights were not included. These lights have no relation to whether the pump is on SA or Slave mode. If it worked before, but it not anymore, then the cable inside may have come undone or loose.

Thanks for reply.

No all the red lights are working on the slave Doser but wasn’t familiar with them because just hadn’t seen them on my
    Doser connected to my KHD. Is that normal ?

Noted on blue lights. Do I have not remove head to check cable ?

All the dosers have these little red lights. If you push the ones feeding the KHD, they will turn ON...unless a cable is loose inside or damage has occurred.

The cable for the pump backlight is accessible when you open the doser housing.

Very strange because none of them are working on the KHD Doser even though all pumps are working OK. Surely that can’t be cables loose on all four! Does each pump have its own cable connection ?

The lights with the manual override buttons are powered by a single ribbon cable. Also inside. If need be, open and inspect.

OK thanks for clarifying all that