Thread: Mini WiFi controlling CO2

Default Mini WiFi controlling CO2

Hello all,

Two weeks ago I installed a Profilux Mini WiFI and LEDControl4 V2 on my ADA 60P freshwater aquascape. In the past I already automated as much as possible (heating, cooling, lighting, CO2, water level during holidays and dosing fertilizer) to give me more stability and less repetitive daily tasks. But I used all kinds of separate systems, the profilux Mini WiFi is the controller I was waiting for, the app is really convenient and I'm very happy with the system.

I never used to measure my pH but because the Mini came with a pH probe (I purchased the set) I decided to put it in the tank and see what my pH did during the day and week. This already gave me a lot of insight and I'm thinking about using the pH reading to control the CO2 supply. But then I noticed that the nocturnal change is 1 pH maximum but currently my pH rises a bit more when the CO2 is switched off. This brings me to the following questions:

• The CO2 is on from 13:00 till 20:00, during this time I would like to control the pH to a setpoint. At 20:00 the CO2 shuts of and should not turn on again even when the pH raises more than 1 from the setpoint. Is there a way to do this with the Mini? I know it can be done on the Profilux 4 with programmable logic but this is not available on the Mini (will it be in the future?)

• A few days ago I had an issue with my surface skimmer which caused some scum on the surface which in turn cause the pH to drop too low due to a lower gas exchange at the surface. I saw the pH drop while at work and was able to switch of the CO2 supply. Is there a way to switch off a socket (CO2 solenoid) when the pH is below a certain setpoint even when the socket is controlled with a timer? This is of course not necessary when my first question is possible.

• I would like to know what kind of software updates are planned for the Mini WiFi (charts, programmable logic etc.)? I understand the Mini WiFi is a simpler controller than the P4 but it would be nice to know what is on the agenda for the Mini Wifi and what is reserved for the P4. The hardware (connections) limitations are of course clear.

Again, I'm really happy with the controller but a solution for the above would make it perfect.

Thanks in advance for any effort answering my questions.

Best regards,

Maarten
    Last edited by Boerthyb; 27.06.2020 at 20:58.

Hello Maarten,

Programmable Logic commands are reserved for the ProfiLux 4 / 4e controllers.

You can however achieve a similar level of control with the standard pH control feature of the ProfiLux Mini Wi-Fi. To do that, go to the pH settings page and specify your desired pH value and hysteresis. The hysteresis will be the triggering point for when the CO2 tank should turn ON/OFF based on live pH readings. Once that is set, you can go to the SWITCH CHANNELS page and select the outlet that has or will have the CO2 connected. This socket should then be assigned to pH control decrease. With that control option, the CO2 will only be ON when the pH value exceeds the desired value. Once the pH falls within the acceptable range or lower, the CO2 will turn OFF.

Mini will see charts and push notifications in a future update.

at the p4 you can set a different desired ph for the night. if this is also possible at the p mini, you can set a much higer desired ph at the night. this would switch the co2 off during the night.

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm aware how to control the CO2 outlet based on the pH value. my problem is that I want the CO2 to be switched off during lights off. I can do this with the nocturnal change. But the maximum pH change is 1, therefore the CO2 will switch on when my pH raises more than 1 during lights off.

During lights on I want my Ph to be 6,7, therefore this is my desired value. If I put the nocturnal change at 1 (I can't set it higher for some reason) my CO2 will switch on if my pH raises above 7,7 during lights off. This is not something I want, the CO2 should not switch on during lights off. My pH is higher than 7,7 during lights off.

If the maximum nocturnal change would be 1,5 pH it would work for me.

I hope this explains my problem.