Thread: waves during high tide in rockpool aquarium

Default waves during high tide in rockpool aquarium

Hello,

I am setting up a 100 L rockpool aquarium with a single Tunze Nanostream 6040, which I would like to produce waves only for 4 hours of every 12 hours. Those 4 hours represent the period where the tide is high enough to fully submerge the rockpool. Is this timing (4 hours waves, then 8 hours off, and that sequence repeated forever) something I can achieve with the ProfiLux series? I was hoping to use the non-wifi ProfiLux Light for it.

Best,

Jorn

Yes, you can achieve that with a ProfiLux Light. But you'll have to do some tricking.
    You can either configure a free illumination channel accordingly or set a stream group as follows:
    Mode: Sequence 1
    Min. + max. duration: 4 hours
    Pump 1: Your pump
    Pump 2: Unused
    Pump 3: Unused

In this case, you have to add 2 additional pumps, which actually do not control any pump because the sequence then looks like this: 4 hours pump 1 -> 4 hours pump 2 -> 4 hours pump 3 -> then repeat from the beginning.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you, that sounds promising. If I were to use the stream group option with my one pump, would I still be able to use the three remaining 10V channels? Or would those two extra, "fake" pumps claim two of those?

The option of using a free illumination channel sounds like it would not be usable with a wave regime - or am I mistaken?

Best,

Jorn

Yes, with this stream group settings you can still use the remaining 1-10V interfaces and yes you are right that the wave patterns would not work with the illumination channel solution.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.