Thread: profilux 4 controlling kessil h160 algae light

Default profilux 4 controlling kessil h160 algae light

Hi, can i use the profilux powerbar to switch on and off my kessil h160 light? The voltage range for switching on and off with profilux 4 is 0-10v but the output of the kessil light is 12v

If you wanted only switch ON/OFF through the powerbar, you can setup a normal ON/OFF timer function for that outlet and have it control the H160.

If you would prefer to dim the light, you can do it with the S-Port & L-Port Breakout box accessory. This will allow the ProfiLux to dim the light through the 1-10v interface. You would have to take the kessil control cable and cut one-end to expose the wires. Take these wires and connect it to the BO box. The cables included with the BO box is then connected to one of the 1-10v port on the ProfiLux.

I just installed my new P4e. I set up the timer function for my refugium kessil H160 and assigned it to the powerbar 6e. Probably should work tonight.

I bought a cable to connect the kessil to an L port of the P4e. Is it still neccessary to buy that break out box accessory and cut the cables? If so, i will leave it as it is, and only work with the timer function.

Ideally, you should create the ON/OFF schedule using an Illumination channel instead of a timer function since this is a light you're controlling afterall.

If the Kessil control cable is designed for GHL controllers, you can connect it to one of the L-ports (1-10V YELLOW port) on the ProfiLux. If not, a breakout box would be needed. The control cable would have to be connected to this BO box and the box to the controller.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.