Thread: Check functionality of second hand Mitras

Default Check functionality of second hand Mitras

Good day to all.
    Slowly I'm becoming part of the family. The past weeks I've collected some very nice, nearly new GHL equipement. Some luck was involved.

This week I have an appointment with a reefer that's quitting the hobby. He's selling some Mitras. We agreed I could check the lights.
    However, since I've never held them in my hands or got to fiddle with them, is there an easy way to verify time that they've burned? The PDF manual doesn't seem to like me. (Or I'm just clearly missing that part when searching through it...)
    It's 3x Ghl mitras lx 6100 HV, these modules were later replaced with 6200 HV. Time of purchase of the fixtures, and afterwards the modules are known. With an average of 10hours/day the claim of 22.000hours should be correct.

For the moment there's no reason to doubt the person selling them, but these are some expensive lights. I'd like to be sure.
    Apart from the hours, and visible inspection, is there anything I should surely check?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there,

You can set the channels to run at 1-2% and see if any of the diodes flicker. If they do, that cluster may need to be replaced. Check for any internal salt stains. If you're looking to get the most power out of the fixtures, it would be best to purchase a new set of clusters and HV chips for these lights.

Thanks for the Reply Vinny, I really appreciate it.
    If the lights work good enough so I can start with them you've got a new loyal customer for the years after
    In absolute power new will defininetly be better. As a starter I have no Idea what power I need. So it'll probably be enough for now. When I'm more experienced there's more to discover on that front.
    Thanks again and keep up the good work!