Thread: MITRA 7006 sales question (Mitra versus ADA Solar RGB)

Default MITRA 7006 sales question (Mitra versus ADA Solar RGB)

Hello,

I have 1 freshwater aquarium dedicated to aquascaping equipped with Profilux 4 + slave doser GHL 2.1. And these are great equipment !!!!

I used 2 solar RGB from ADA, and the result for aquascape was fantastic. But the quality and support of the lighting fixture is questionable: one is defect after 2 years (color uniformly green now instead of white most of the time) and apparently no possibility of repair.

So that now, I ask me if buying 2 Mitras 7006 could be a good move... Do you have pros (and cons ) for it? Roughly "same" price per unit but then I would have to buy 2...

Also what about controlling Mitras through Profilux Wireless Interface? Does it add functionality or flexibility ?

Thanks in advance for your advices and stay safe in these chaotic times

Philippe

Hello Philippe,

The Mitras LX 7006 would be a great choice for any freshwater aquarium!
    The lights themselves are designed to be user serviceable so if anything needs replacing at any time (very rare), you can do the fix yourself instead of sending it to us for repair.

If you wish to control these lights from the P4, you can do it with the PLM-PWC expansion card. This will allow you to create / modify an existing light schedule from the P4 itself instead of going through a master LX7.