Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help P3 to Internet via Wireless Bridge

Thanks Matthias. That tip is helpful. I will try that this morning and then move on to the bridge after that.

I had a working bridge, but returned it to the store. What I mean by working bridge, is that I could connect that bridge device to two different laptops in the office, and both were able to reach the wireless router and get onto the Internet. And, yes, the internal wireless adapters and LAN lined were disabled.

Then when I connected it to P3, no connection. I was trying to make changes in the connection box on the General page, but had no idea that I was supposed to configure the LAN settings of P3 in the Systems tab.

This is where I think Profilux suppport is needed. It is useful if you help users establish connection through LAN line. I did not think of that before. Then a working bridge should work seemlessly, I hope.

Just coming back from the store - I bought a Wireless bridge from "Mad Catz" for making some tests here - usually this is used for an XBox, but can also be used for other standard LAN devices

Tomorrow I will install the wireless connection to my P3 with this bridge - I am sure after this I made some experiences which are worth to be shared ...

Matthias, thanks for getting involved this will be helpful.

Okay, I tried connecting via wored LAN line and no connection. I did perform a reboot by disconnecting power cord for ten seconds. Is this a reboot?

Here are the current settings:

P3 settings CONNECTION :
    Name of connection: da Artsy Cube
    Host-Name: 196.168.2.116
    Port: 10001
    Search automatically: unchecked
    Search for SMS modeule: unchecked
    Device address: 1
    Type of connection: TCP/IP
    Timeout: 5000ms

P3 settings SYSTEM / LAN:
    Obtain IP address aoutomatically: unchecked
    Use following settings: checked
    IP address: 192.168.2.133
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.000
    Default Gateway: 255.255.255.000

With these settings, no connection. I also opened IE broswer and punched in 192.168.2.123 and nothing happens there either.

What is next?

I tried another LAN cable. Still no connection.

yes, remvoing power a few seconds reboots the unit

what are the IP settings of your PC and network?

The wireless network is 192.168.2.1 and I have the PC on "find IP address automatically"
    I am trying connect by hardwire, so I don;t understand the point of needing the network IP address.

this is exactly the point: all devices in a network must have matching IPs, if this is not sure we will have no success with ProfiLux or the WLAN bridge

for class C networks (usually you have this at home) the first 3 numbers must be equal

example: 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11 will talk to each other, but 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.0.11 won't!

what does this mean? you must know in which range your PC receives automatic IPs, then we can configure the ProfiLux and your WLAN bridge correctly

how to find out:
    - check the settings of your router (something like DHCP)
    - or check the current IP of your PC - e.g. with executing "cmd", then enter "ipconfig" in the DOS-Box

Hint: of course you can also activate "auto IP" in the ProfiLux, then it gets a random IP which fits to the IP of your PC - but I doubt that it will work with the WLAN bridge

When you say network. I thought you were refering to the wireless router. It sounds like you are referring to the computer's IP address feature. I found it and I can disable it to program specific numbers. I need help here though.

For now, I want to disable the auto IP feature and direcetly program the computer to mate with the P3.
    Later, I will run the IP config and find the auto IP feature address range.

Based on these settings here (are these okay? I'm concerned about the gateway address):

P3 settings CONNECTION :
    Name of connection: da Artsy Cube
    Host-Name: 192.168.2.117
    Port: 10001
    Search automatically: unchecked
    Search for SMS modeule: unchecked
    Device address: 1
    Type of connection: TCP/IP
    Timeout: 5000ms

P3 settings SYSTEM / LAN:
    Obtain IP address aoutomatically: unchecked
    Use following settings: checked
    IP address: 192.168.2.116
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.000
    Default Gateway: 255.255.255.000

What do I program into the following fields on the computer:

IP
    Subnet mask
    Default Gateway

Were you able to get your bridge up and running?

yes, my bridge was working afte about 15 minutes, when I had some time I will post how I did it

I don`t know if these settings are OK, it depends on your router settings. This was the reason I asked you to find out the settings of your router. The router is the default gateway.

how to find out:
    - check the settings of your router (something like DHCP)
    - or check the current IP of your PC - e.g. with executing "cmd", then enter "ipconfig" in the DOS-Box
    are you able to access your router and check the settings in it? what is the IP address of your router?

Okay, I ran ipconfig on the office laptop computer. I can actually connect this with a Wired LAN line and a wireless router. Both settings are below. I', goint to try to connect the P3 directly to the laptop with a LAN line. I'm thinking that I need to tell P3 system setting that the gateway is that of the wireless gateway, which is 192.162.2.1. I'm thinking this because the P3 is connected to the LAN port on the laptop and that will each Internet through the wireless router. I may be wrong here.

Anyhow, please tell me what i should set P3 CONNECTION and p# SYSTEM LAN settings too for a wired connection to the laptop. Also, please tell me what to program into the IPv4 manually on the laptop. This stuff is hard as hell for me.

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : ala
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::691a:1be3:f5b9:46be%12
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.101
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::fda4:683f:f242:e433%11
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.109
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1