Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help P3 to Internet via Wireless Bridge

Default Need Help P3 to Internet via Wireless Bridge

I have been having troubles connecting the P3 to a router.

I purchased a Trendnet TEW-647GA. It is designed as a wireless bridge for games like the Xbox to connect to a router in another room.
    Programmed as follows:
    IP: 196.168.2.116
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 255.255.255.255

SSID and security setup to reach wireless router. Device programed sucessfully. Then I connected to P3 LAN port.

P3 settings:
    Name of connection: da Artsy Cube
    Host-Name: 196.168.2.116
    Port: 10001
    Search automatically: unchecked
    Device address: 1
    Type of connection: TCP/IP
    Timeout: 5000ms

When selecting Connect the following message appears:
    Could not connect. Do you want to check the settings now?

What do I do from here???

Matthias, am I setting up the P3 correctly here?

The bridge I am using is working. It has been tested on other devices, no problem. The issue I am having is with the P3 device configuration.

Can someone guide me through proper settup config of the P3?

May not be the exact answer but I have done something similar with a Airport Express, I had to set the network settings of the Profilux to manual network settings, assigned a spare IP Address, subnet mask to reflect your network and the default gateway I set was that of the bridge, in my case the IP address of the Airport express.

Maybe different for you but HTH,
    Jason

Jason, I think that is what I did. But P3 still does not respond. Can you give more explicit detail to what you did in a format like I posted above?
    Cheers

My Wireless bridge (Apple AirPort Express) is programmed as follows:
    IP: 3.3.3.110
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 3.3.3.3 (This is the IP address is my wireless router)

P3 settings:
    While connected to my PC over USB I went into System, LAN and set the properties to use manual entires
    IP: 3.3.3.111 (on my home network this was the next available IP address, which I then reserved it against the MAC address of the Profilux, but this is not necessary is most cases)
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 3.3.3.110 (i.e. the IP address of my bridge)

Jason

Jason, I do not have the option to edit the subnet mask or gateway addresses. Where are you entering this information?

Also P3 ends in 111 but computer is 110. Is this correct?
    Cheers,
    Scott

I connect to my P3 over USB to my computer and from the Profilux Software installed on the PC once connected to the controller you can go into System and the LAN settings. The bridge is 110 and my p3 computer is 111. On the LAN settings from within the software I set the IP address of my bridge as the default gateway.
    Jason

Did you ever get it working cerreta?
    I have the same adaptor but have not yet installed the P3 upgrade kit due to all the problems people are having. Want to wait until its ready for release.

Jason thanks for the help. I've been working on it, but still no success. I had trouble with the wireless router at the office trying to determine its IP address.

That wireless router is up and running again. So, now I need to get the bridge working again. Then I'll try your methods to get the P3 talking to it.

I sure wish the Profilux staff would offer support when it comes to setting up the P3 to communicate with a WORKING bridge device. They sure spent a lot of time telling me and others to buy the upgrade to get that capability. Yet, no one is really able to get the P3 to do what was promised, establish wireless connection through a bridge. Furthermore, there are no instructions at all with the P3 that discusses LAN, WLAN, or bridge connections.

No one is really able to get the P3 to do what was promised, establish wireless connection through a bridge
    This is not correct, many users are using a wireless bridge, of course only the issues are reported in forums.

The problem is: We don't know every wireless hardware from other manufacturers and how to use it - so it is not easy to give here much assistance. You are writing "WORKING device" - but what does this mean? When I plug in a new electronic device it is also working in some way - but it must be setup to work CORRECTLY.

Ok, let's try this.
    First you should establish a simple DIRECT WIRED connection without a wireless bridge between. Set 192.168.2.xxx for ProfiLux (must be unique address don't forget to reboot).
    Connect with ProfiLuxControl 192.168.2.xxx and with webbrowser. If successfull we should move to the next step.