Thread: Advice please.

Default Advice please.

Morning. I have 75g mixed reef, lightly stocked. I would like to have the option of adding KH director at some point but I am unsure of which Profilux set to buy. Money is an issue so I don't want to get top end straight away if possible. Also, I already own a Kamoer Wifi doser, is this compatible with the GHL controllers or do I need a GHL one?

Many thanks, any other advice is appreciated.

Steve

I currently have an ApexEL and doing the switch. I would recommend the Profilux4E Starter set. In my opinion you don't need conductivity probe and Orp probe. Conductivity probe on Apex never worked good not sure about GHL side though. ORP really not needed unless you plan on running Ozone. ORP though can be good to see if something died in tank. Example lets say your normally have an ORP of 415 and one day it spike to 470 than I would look for something died in tank perhaps. You can also upgrade in future if you want the ORP/Conductivity probe. Conductivity probe really not needed. I would for sure though to get level sensors if you planning on ATO and leak sensors as well.

Recap:

ORP not needed unless you plan on using ozone.
    Conductivity probe testing more of a fail safe not needed.

Example of conductivity probe would be if my Salinity dropped to 32PPT don't run ATO no matter what basically a fail safe maybe my floats not working correctly.

Optical sensors better than floats; FLOW Sensor is another maybe you should get as well not needed but can be beneficial.
    Last edited by tmccaf; 18.05.2020 at 17:44.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Based on the info provided, I would recommend the ProfiLux 4e.

This would give you a lower cost of entry without sacrificing expansion options. You can still expand and upgrade this controller at your own pace, much like the flagship ProfiLux 4.
    We don't have issues with conductivity like the other guys.
    If this is something you want right away, then the ProfiLux 4 controller would be the best option since it already has this port built-in.
    If you think you may want it later, you can do the P4e to start, then get an expansion card that has the conductivity port and install it inside the P4e head unit.

The Kamoer dosers cannot be integrated with our system because we each use a different communication method.
    If you wanted to control dosing through the ProfiLux, you can do it with the GHL Doser 2.1 Slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Based on the info provided, I would recommend the ProfiLux 4e.

This would give you a lower cost of entry without sacrificing expansion options. You can still expand and upgrade this controller at your own pace, much like the flagship ProfiLux 4.
    We don't have issues with conductivity like the other guys.
    If this is something you want right away, then the ProfiLux 4 controller would be the best option since it already has this port built-in.
    If you think you may want it later, you can do the P4e to start, then get an expansion card that has the conductivity port and install it inside the P4e head unit.

The Kamoer dosers cannot be integrated with our system because we each use a different communication method.
    If you wanted to control dosing through the ProfiLux, you can do it with the GHL Doser 2.1 Slave.

Thank you very much to both for your replies.