Thread: Reurn Pump for connection to P4

Default Return Pump for connection to P4

I am looking to buy a DC return pump that has a 1-10v connection so I can connect directly to the P4. Having read numerous posts on here and elsewhere I understand that the only alternatives are Royal Exclusive, Abyss and Reef Octopus unless anyone is aware of any more alternatives. If so please let me know.

I cannot justify buying either the Royal Exclusive or the Abyss because whilst they may be excellent pumps they are just too expensive. Unless anyone can come up with an alternative that leaves me with just the Reef Octopus VarioS DC powered pump.

I would prefer a direct 1-10v cable connection to the pump controller but I understand that may not be possible and that I would have to buy an S-Port & L-Port Breakout Box and a cable which I then will have to modify to connect to the P4 - all of which I would prefer not to have to do if a direct cable attachment to the pump controller is possible.

If I end up with no alternative than the Reef Octopus S-Port & L-Port Breakout Box and a cable all the links for what I understand would be the correct cable are to US sites and I am in the UK. I have only managed to find one Y cable on eBay and that says it is for Neptune Apex

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neptune-A...c/274344792353

Will this also work the P4?

Anyone got a solution for me, please.

Many thanks
    Last edited by mlandscape; 13.05.2020 at 17:31.

Buy yourself a crimping tool and assemble the right cable yourself.
    It's not difficult and cheaper than the things to buy.

Thanks for the suggestion but afraid I would not know where to start and I am looking for the simplest and quickest way without resorting to DIY.

Yes that is the correct cable.

The only modification involved is cutting the RJ45-end of the cable to expose the wires. Two of these wires are then connected to the breakout box. The BO box itself is then connected to the 1-10v port on the ProfiLux.
    These threads here show you how to connect the cables to the box:
    https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/co...1-10-v.654653/
    https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/co...ofilux.710451/

Thanks, Vinny. I notice that in one of your links about a Coral Box DCA Smart Pump being suitable which I have not heard of but having researched it seems I can get one at about a third of the price of the Reef Octopus. Is this a pump that you are familiar with and would be suitable for use with the P4?

So if I cut off the Rj45 end you say only two wires need connecting to the breakout box. How many wires are there and what do I do with the others if any?

How is the BO box connected to the P4 - is another cable required? I assume this is the BO Box https://store.aquariumcomputer.com/e...akout-box.html

If I could get the cable that I linked with the right connector - I believe its an Rj12 can I just connect that to the P4 without the need for the BO Box?

Many thanks

I don't have personal experience with the Coral Box pump, but it can be controlled by the P4 as you can see.

There are color codes wires inside the RJ45 connector, you would only use the red and black wire.

BO box connects to the P4's 1-10v port. The cable to do that is included with the item.

Yes, correct.

Thanks, Vinny so there are only two wires in the RJ45 connector because on the link I sent for that cable there seems to be 4 - 2 white and 2 blue

Do you or anyone in Europe aware of where I can get the right cable with the RJ12 connector so I don't have to use the BO Box?

That I do not have information on, sorry.

OK no problem thanks