Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to turn Off UV lamp when UV pump goes off.

Default How to turn Off UV lamp when UV pump goes off.

New to GHL and can't get my mind around this programming yet and I am sure what I want is so simple.

I have my UV pump on Switch Channel 2 and the UV lamp on Switch Channel 3 and if the pump should ever go off I would like the UV lamp to switch off.

I currently have set both Switch Channels to Always On.

Anyone help me to sort this, please.

Many thanks
    Last edited by mlandscape; 11.05.2020 at 17:48.

How would the ProfiLux know your UV pump went OFF?
    Under what circumstances would this pump turn OFF? Feed pause, maintenance mode?

The reason I want to do this is to avoid the lamp being on without water flowing through the UV unit.
    I am not sure how the Profilux would know how my UV pump is off that is why I am asking the question. It is not related to feeding pause or maintenance but just if the pump failed or the power to it went off.
    I have this set up at the moment on the controller that is being replaced and it also switches the lamp off if the aquarium temperature gets above 27.2.

Hope that clarifies what I am needing. I could post the other controller code if that helps to explain it.

Many thanks

Yes, if you can post it that will clarify exactly how the task should be handled.

Vinny Any update on this, please

The fallback can be done when you go to the PAB devices page and choose the powerbar where the pump and UV is connected. There you can choose how the desired outlet(s) will react in case of a disconnect from the head unit.

You can set both the pump and UV to react to a temperature reading by assigning the Temperature Heater function to those outlets. If you want the OFF-point to be different from your current temperature probe settings, you can do this by creating a virtual probe.

Creating virtual probe
    1. Press up or down arrow keys on P4
    2. Select System
    3. Select Virtual probes
    4. Select New virt. probe, choose copy and select the temperature probe, then save

That will create a second temperature probe (virtual) which you can use for the pump and UV.

Within the temperature probe settings page you can also change the control behavior of this function. More information on this option is on page 60 of the P4 Programming Manual.
    Last edited by Vinny; 13.05.2020 at 20:22.

Thanks, Vinny I will give the temperature one a go.

I am aware of the fallback setting as you have explained before and I already have the fallback set to ON for the UV pump. I have left the UV lamp Fallback as OFF because I would not want that ON if the pump wasn't running which is my initial request for programming.

Obviously you know far better than I do but I am not sure what you are suggesting achieves what I am after. If the pump disconnects from the head unit it doesn't necessarily mean that it has stopped working does it. ?

Can it not be resolved by referring to the A reading?
    Last edited by mlandscape; 15.05.2020 at 17:41.

A reaction to Amperage reading is a feature that will be released soon.