Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to turn Off UV lamp when UV pump goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    A reaction to Amperage reading is a feature that will be released soon.
    Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could use a flow sensor and create an alarm in case of a pump failor. woth the programmable logik you can stop the uv lamp in case of an alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by mlandscape View Post
    Thanks, Vinny I will give the temperature one a go.

I am aware of the fallback setting as you have explained before and I already have the fallback set to ON for the UV pump. I have left the UV lamp Fallback as OFF because I would not want that ON if the pump wasn't running which is my initial request for programming.

Obviously you know far better than I do but I am not sure what you are suggesting achieves what I am after. If the pump disconnects from the head unit it doesn't necessarily mean that it has stopped working does it. ?

Can it not be resolved by referring to the A reading?
    I have tried to set up the temperature control suggestion which I think I had right but I immediately got an alarm - I was setting the lamp to go off if the aquarium reaches 27.2 C and it was reading about 25 C at the time so I deleted the virtual probe fro the time being. Not sure why it was alarming out?

I am sure you gave me the right page location because in the ProfiLux 4 Programming Guide page 60 is about Operation Mode Controller.
    Last edited by mlandscape; 19.05.2020 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    A reaction to Amperage reading is a feature that will be released soon.
    That sounds promising will have to see if in due course it is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    you could use a flow sensor and create an alarm in case of a pump failor. woth the programmable logik you can stop the uv lamp in case of an alarm.
    Now that is something I had not thought of but I was trying to avoid more expense and resolve it with programming but disappointed that there does not seem to be a readily available solution for what I would expect to be a fairly basic request.

As far as the flow sensor is concerned it only has about 600 litres going through it and the smallest is 2000 - don't know if that is a problem? Also pipework through the UV is on a flexible hose and I don't know if you can use the flow sensors on the hose?

I have tried to set up the temperature control suggestion which I think I had right but I immediately got an alarm - I was setting the lamp to go off if the aquarium reaches 27.2 C and it was reading about 25 C at the time so I deleted the virtual probe fro the time being. Not sure why it was alarming out?

I am not sure you gave me the right page location because in the ProfiLux 4 Programming Guide page 60 is about Operation Mode Controller.
    @Vinny your further feedback would be appreciated Thanks
    Last edited by mlandscape; 23.05.2020 at 13:26.

Now that is something I had not thought of but I was trying to avoid more expense and resolve it with programming but disappointed that there does not seem to be a readily available solution for what I would expect to be a fairly basic request.

As far as the flow sensor is concerned it only has about 600 litres going through it and the smallest is 2000 - don't know if that is a problem? Also, pipework through the UV is on a flexible hose and I don't know if you can use the flow sensors on the hose?
    @Vinny any thoughts on this suggestion, please

When you get the opportunity @Vinny I would appreciate your repsonse on the last two posts - many thanks

Oops...seems I missed this one!

The flow ranges are on our GHL shop pages.
    In the case of the FS 2000, the flow range is 100 - 2000 l/h
    https://store.aquariumcomputer.com/e...r&inc_subcat=1

Hard pipe or tubing with a FS does not matter. Either would be fine to use.

Thank you, Vinny, I had missed the flow range where I had looked and only seen the maximum flow.

Did you see my comment above that I had tried the temperature control of the lamp as you had suggested but got an alarm?

"I have tried to set up the temperature control suggestion which I think I had right but I immediately got an alarm - I was setting the lamp to go off if the aquarium reaches 27.2 C and it was reading about 25 C at the time so I deleted the virtual probe for the time being. Not sure why it was alarming out?

I am not sure you gave me the right page location because in the ProfiLux 4 Programming Guide page 60 is about Operation Mode Controller."
    Last edited by mlandscape; 25.05.2020 at 20:08.