Thread: Alarm If ATO Pump Too Long

Default Alarm If ATO Pump Too Long

I would like to program an email alarm to go off if the ATO pump has NOT run in 4 hours (I may adjust this time). I assume this will use programmable logic, but I can't figure out how to do it.

This stems from an issue I had this morning where the water level was low, and no ATO alarm was going off. I think it may be due to the optical water sensor - either it was dirty or faulty (I've only had it for a few weeks).
    Last edited by dlplunkett44; 05.05.2020 at 15:27.

Hi there,

Yes it does sound like the issue was caused by the optical eye being blocked by either detritus build-up or thick bio-film. In these kind of cases, the ProfiLux would have no way of knowing this because no reaction would be registered by the assigned ATO sensor. The ATO function itself is only activated when the sensor detects a change in water level. If the eye is covered, it technically "sees" no change, therefore no reaction. The solution would be to regularly check on the sensor and keep it as clear from any debris as possible.

I definitely can do that but it does not address the issue of it occurring while I am away for a few days. I will add a float below the optical sensor as a backup, but still feel that a notification is necessary. Is there a way in the software to monitor if a float hasn't turned on or an outlet hasn't turned on in X amount of time?

this is a little tricky, you can use a programmable logic with delay of and your ato. you have to connect this to a power socket and from this back to the power fail input.

I'm new to GHL, so bear with me; under programmable logic, I need to have input 1 be "Fill water ATO only" function "AND" and for input 2, I don't see a delay option.

Ok, I think I have the first part set up:ProgLogic.JPG
    I can then assign it to a power socket. How do I tie it into a power fail input?

there is a special adapter sold by GHL.
    This will cause a Power Fail Alarm, but you know what it means.

Or you can solder a little bit an use a AD/In Port.

Do you have instruction on using an AD/In Port?

The PLM-ADIN is a multi-purpose card.
    The instructions can be found here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...-card-manuals/