Thread: Float sensor issues please help

Default Float sensor issues please help

Hi guys,

Having issues with my ATO function controlled by a single float sensor. It’s set so that the maximum on time is 2 minutes, and that the reaction time is 30 seconds. I’ve set these to try and and counteract the problem. I am receiving false alerts, I have also set the option for automatic error reset, so that when the sensor gets to the normal position it starts monitoring as per normal.

I am still getting false alerts and it also doesn’t recognise that the float sensor has returned to normal and then essentially gives alarm.

I have cleaned the ghl provided sensor and also tried another one. I am still getting the same problem. Where do I start? This is an older p3ex, and fully updated to the latest firmware that I’m aware of.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Any particular reason for the 30 second delay?
    This delay works both ways were it takes 30 seconds to trigger the ATO command and 30 seconds to turn it OFF after normal water level is reached.

For testing purposes, have you tried connecting this sensor to another level port? Are you using this sensor with a PL-LY splitter? If yes, try it without the splitter.

Hi vinny,

Thanks for helping :-D

The reason for the the 30 second delay was to try and eliminate the false readings from water ripples etc.. It was initially set at 1 and had the same response. I included the 30 second information so that you could see what I have already attempted.

I mean as I type this the last time I checked the system was around 12, and the alarm is showing right now. If I reset manually within a few minutes it goes back to the same state.

The sensor is connected directly into the p3 there is no splitter. And as far as I’m aware I only have one level port,

The other thing to try is to purchase a new sensor and a PL-LY splitter cable and see if the issue continues. If it does, then you know the problem is most likely the port itself.

Is there no further tests I could do on the port, because otherwise to perform that test I’ve brought two new items, that potentially Im not not going to be able to use. Which means it’s like £40/£50 that I can’t then use?