Thread: KH Director stand alone - Dosing / connection issue? Not dosing even in calibration

Default KH Director stand alone - Dosing / connection issue? Not dosing even in calibration

Heya guys

Night 3 of still having issues. Pulling my hair out that's for sure.

Currently I'm stuck on calibrating my KH directors dosing pumps. I'm getting the impression they're not actually connected/talking to each other.

I've added my standalone device to the list of devices. Gone in and added it under System (doser 2.1 and kh dorector) assigned the pumps 1-3 as their corresponding application (think it was done for me) named and changed speed. This advised me to calibrate etc. So saved and attempted calibration. Nothing happens on the pumps even when app is calibrating. Both devices change colour and "breath" like they're talking and thinking about something. (While I'm contemplating murder)

The mls counter doesnt change. Nore does it change if I manual the pumps via the front of the doser. It does change however if i press dose in the app yet still the doser doesnt pump.

Any help would be appreciated as this unit is driving me nuts. Also can I politely ask why there is no install manual in these devices? The only way I found lengths to cut silicone tube etc etc for install was a random guys youtube video. Your youtube video is really good at explaining the connection of the cables and such but that is all. Even a link on a page to something wouldve been very appreciated.

Kind regards
    Nossy

Hello Nossy,

Do you have a Standalone KH Director set which you are connecting to an already existing master device (Doser SA or ProfiLux)?
    If yes, then the problem is likely due to the doser (which came bundled with KHD) NOT being put on SLAVE mode. Check this first. You can only have one master device in the setup.

Also, if you visit our downloads page you will find the KHD manual:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...rector-manual/

Thanks for that Vinny! I didnt even know they existed. Sorry to bother you again but I cannot find how to change them from master to slave via the app

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Noss

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello Nossy,

Do you have a Standalone KH Director set which you are connecting to an already existing master device (Doser SA or ProfiLux)?
    If yes, then the problem is likely due to the doser (which came bundled with KHD) NOT being put on SLAVE mode. Check this first. You can only have one master device in the setup.

Also, if you visit our downloads page you will find the KHD manual:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...rector-manual/
    I've booted up the GHL CC and under system gone to assign devices. Unticked the doser 2 standalone and reset. Went back in selected it and reset but it wouldnt show any more under the PAB tabs -only the KH Director.

I went into the phone app and added it via there for it to work and reset the Control centre and sure enough it was there. Cannot configure it and noticed it has a faint red highlight behind it in the assign devices menu.

I'm assuming what I require is in the Configuration menu but I'm baffled at how to get there. Night 4 and the wife is getting scratchy. ������

Ok so I've figured it out and thought I'd add it here incase anyone has the same issue.

The standalone 2.1 dosing pump is default set to Master. To connect it to a Profilux as Vinny said you can only have one master in a PAB system. Even though it connects you cannot use it (I'm assuming it connects only in the mobile app due to a bug as I found in that post before)

The only way to access the unit initially is to plug in the supplied USB cable, sign in the usual way - finding your COM port for the doser. Then in the menu select System and scroll down till you see the ticked box labelled "master". Beside that will have Slave, so obviously in this case you want to select that and follow the prompts. Reconnect via the profilux as you would any PAB device. Full control given.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Nossatron; 01.05.2020 at 14:27. Reason: Corrected punctuation

I am having the same issue. I need to make my doser a slave. My issue is that I only have Mac and no PC. Can this be done on the app, or is there a web page I can access to do this?

Hi,

you can also set it to slave mode via app.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.