Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: myGHL ID's

Default myGHL ID's

Is it normal to have two ID? I have two showing in myGHL devices

When I started using GHL I acquired a used doser 2.1 SA which when set up acquired an ID

I have now just added a new P4 and a KHD and I am using the used doser 2.1 SA as a slave with the KD

The P4 also now as an ID and is the only one I can connect through which is fine. I can't connect to the Doser slave either direct or through hotspot Is that correct?

This is a screenshot from myGHL.com

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 14.27.22.jpg

And this what shows in GHL Connect App

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 14.48.46.jpg

You will notice that the P4 is in Blue and the Doser in Black -not sure what that means.

The System Screen only shows the ID for the P4

Any clarification would be appreciated

Thanks
    Last edited by mlandscape; 28.04.2020 at 15:15.

Since the original GHL device (doser) is now set to slave mode and being controlled by the P4, its cloud connection is no longer necessary. You can delete that connection and connect through the P4 cloud connection to adjust your dosing schedules.
    Putting the doser on slave mode will disable all wireless features as it will now respond to commands given by your P4.

Each GHL cloud device is given a unique ID as a way to identify which device is which.

Thanks, Vinny

I have removed the doser cloud connection so that as sorted that.

In the Connect app Local Devices are you saying remove the doser there also ?

So in Connect I would just be left with Profilux 4 in Local and My GHL Devices ?

Thanks

Yes, you can also remove the local connection for the doser since you would no longer be connecting directly to it.

Yes, that would leave you with 2 connections:
    • Local connection to P4
    • myGHL cloud connection to P4

As a side note, if you want you can add a 3rd connection which would be for the P4's hotspot signal. This can be your local backup in case you ever want to connect to the controller wirelessly, but cannot because the home internet is down. In that case, you would connect to the P4's hotspot signal and use this 3rd connection as an alternative. To create this connection, just add a new device and give it any name (P4 hotspot). You don't need to change the HOST/IP or anything else in that page.

Right done that thanks

I am confused I thought that the local device Profilux 4 was my hotspot?

In case I am wrong I have just tried to set up a hotspot without success

When I am adding a device is it a new configuration or adding a configured device?

A local connection is when you connect to the controller through your network or when you connect to the P4 through its hotspot signal.
    The initial setup video explains which is which:

Ill take another look thanks but I think I have a hotspot but not letting me join for some reason

So that may mean I dont have a local network connection ?

If the green light is ON at the P4, it is connected to your home network.

If you are connected to the P4's hotspot signal, the yellow light will turn ON.

I did have the hotspot set up but I have rewatched the video. My green light is on all the time, flickering when connected and solid when not but the yellow only comes on when I change to the hotspot network in my iPhone settings and then I can connect via the hotspot but from what I can see that will be offline only. Is that correct that you have to manually change networks before you can use the hotspot and then only offline? If I then want to use online I change the network again but the yellow light stays on at least in the short term

I am still not sure it is working as smoothly as it should. In fact, at one point I got an error report which I have sent to Support before restarting the App - see screenshot

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 13.04.35.jpg

I also had two other messages - see screenshots

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 13.04.49.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 13.04.57.jpg

The offline notification is 100% normal because if you are connected directly to the P4's hotspot, technically your phone is not connected to a device which provides internet access. After you disconnect from the hotspot signal, the yellow light will turn OFF. If you have any other questions about it, please open a support ticket as this is starting to veer into a different topic.